Splendid Greece Tours following the foot steps of St. Paul in Athens and its memorials through Athens tours
Greece Tours Departures: Daily
Experience with Splendid Greece Tours this full day Athens Sightseeing private tour following the footsteps of St. Paul visiting the Acropolis, the Parthenon,the Erechtheion,the Mars Hill (Areopagus) , the tomb of the Unknown Soldier, Parliament House, Presidential Palace, Panathenian Stadium, Temple of Olympian Zeus, the Academy, the University and the National Library, Monastiraki, the Plaka, the ancient agora, the roman agora, The Byzantine Museum, the new Acropolis museum, Lecabetus Piraeus the Monastery of Kaisariani
Splendid Greece Tours start’s our full day Athens private city tour visiting the city of Athens, the birthplace of Western Culture.
We begin our pruvate city tour with perhaps the most perfect piece of architecture known, the world-renowned acropolis, including visits to the Parthenon and Erechtheion.
We continue your Athens private tour to nearby Mars Hill (Areopagus) (Acts 17:22) where Apostle Paul delivered his well known sermon. Your private tour ends with the highlights of modern Athens: passing by the tomb of the Unknown Soldier, Parliament House, Presidential Palace, Panathenian Stadium (first modern Olympic games 1896), Temple of Olympian Zeus, the Academy, the University and the National Library. Visit together with Athens tour Greece the area of Monastiraki, the Plaka, the ancient agora (St. Paul’s meeting place), the roman agora two of the many museums (The Byzantine Museum and the new Acropolis museum is suggested), spend a little time shopping in the many stores along the way and the highest hill of Athens Lecabetus with its remarkable panoramic view of Athens and Piraeus port.
Lunch ina traditional Greek restaurant with home made food and continue our Athens private tour visiting this afternoon, Piraeus the biggest port in Greece and the port where St. Paul disembark when he came to visit Athens from north Greece, and for a quiet reflective repose, we make our way just minutes outside the city to the Monastery of Kaisariani, founded in the 11th century A.D. and consecrated to the Presentation of the Virgin in the Temple.
Splendid Greece Tours ends this private tour in the afternoon which is at your leisure to explore the lively city of Athens on your own or take you back to your cruise ship.
- Shore Excursion – Private tour
- Activity level: Moderate
- Professional driver with good knowledge in history and culture of Greece
- Transport by air-conditioned vehicle appropriate for the size of your group
- Accommodation is based according to availability (for multiple day tours only)
- Pick-up from and return to your hotel
- Free Pick-up & drop off from Piraeus cruise port
- First class transport: By Mercedes E-Class or similar; Mercedes minivan or Mercedes minibus accordingto the size of your party . All new models with full leather and A/C.
- Road tolls and local taxes
- Our terminal: Leof. Andrea Siggrou 37, 117 43 Athina, Greece.
- The private tour is 100% exclusive for your party
- Entrance fees to the archaeological sites and museum
- Wine tasting fee (wine tours)
- Athens Airport transfer: arranged on request with a surcharge
- Gratuities (optional)
- Food and beverage
- Your private chauffeur/guide will discuss a program best suited to your interest and mobile abilities. Option for a professional tour guide with a state license at an extra cost.
- Dress:religious and marmoreal sites: shoulders and knee must be covered
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- A voucherwill be emailed to you with our contact numbers and all necessary information for your tour.
- This is your ticket and proof of purchase. On the day of tour please present a paper voucher in order to redeem your tour/activity.
Persons with Disabilities
- Due to uneven surfaces, certain sites are not recommended for persons with walking disabilities or using a wheelchair. Such sites are the Acropolis,the Temple of Poseidon at Sounion, Mycenae, Delphi and Meteora
- In all cases, we recommend comfortable flat-solid walking shoes, sunglasses and sunscreen.
Opening hours & Admission fees
- Opening Hours: Summer April 1st to October 31st from 08:00 AM to 07:30 PM
- Winter:November 1st to March 31st from 08:30 AM to 03:00 PM
- Free admission fees:Children under 18 & Students from E.U.
- Reduced admission fees:Citizens of the E.U. aged over 65 & Students from countries outside the E.U.
Free admission days
- March 6: In memory of deceased Minister of Tourism & visionary Melina Mercouri
- June 5: Environment international day
- April 18 : International monuments day
- May 18: International museums day
- September 27: International tourism day
- The last weekend of September annually (European Heritage Days)
- National Holidays
- Sundays in the period between 1 November and 31 March
- The first Sunday of every month, except for July, August and September
- NOTE: If the first Sunday is a holiday then the second is the free admission day
Holidays in Greece
- January 1: closed
- January 6: 08:30 AM – 03:00 PM
- Shrove Monday: 08:30AM – 03:00 PM
- March 25: closed
- Good Friday: 12:00 PM – 03:00 PM
- Holy Saturday: 08:30 AM – 03:00 PM
- Easter Sunday: closed
- Easter Monday: 08:30 AM – 03:00 PM
- May 1: closed
- Holy Spirit Day: 08:30 AM – 03:00 PM
- 15 August 15: 08:30 AM – 03:00 PM
- October 28: 08:30 AM- 03:00 PM
- December 25 & 26: closed