Wine roads tour from Athens to Corinth canal and Nemea.
Tour Greece to experience the wine roads of Peloponnese with Splendid Greece Tours traveling westwards along the scenic coast, to one of the most famous spots in history and wine, till we reach the famous Corinth Canal with its breathtaking views.
Greece Tours Departures: Daily
|Drive & See||Stop | Walking & Visit|
Pick up from your hotel or cruise ship, your private chauffeur will drive until we reach the Corinth Canal with its breathtaking views. Continue your Greece Private tour traveling to Ancient Nemea driving through its wine roads experiencing a wonderful land scape. Famous for its Panhellenic Games, the “ Nemea ”, which featured contests in gymnastics, horse riding, music and drama, the games were conducted inside the precincts of the Temple of Zeus , ruins of which have been discovered near the entrance into Irakleio. Traces of a gymnasium of the classical period have also been found, with a palaestra and Roman baths to the South, as well as the Stadium where the games were held every two years, from 573 BC.
Nemea is south to the Greek wine region, in the Peloponnesus, is one of the most important appellations for the production of red wine. Travel through the wine roads of Nemea and you visit some of the best wineries there together with ancient Nemea sites.
Wine tasting and return to Athens where one of the most interesting and tasty Greece Tours ends.
Peloponnese, Wine Roads of Nemea
Rich history in splendid wines, wherever it may lie, the eye of the beholder will contemplate the vineyards. It is perfectly natural, as Nemea is in the largest wine-producing zone in Greece, at an altitude of 200 to 800m ASL. The dominant variety is Agiorgitiko. It is an excellent variety, providing the opportunity for a wide range of wines. Among these, one may point out the famous V.Q.P.R.D. Nemea wines. In addition to them, superb rosé, and also aged red wines. Jointly with other varieties, Local Wines are produced, such as: Plagion, Pterotou, Argous, Peloponnesian, Plagion of Mountainous Corinthia, Corinthian, Klimenti, Iliou. These wines are characterized by their aromas and fruity flavors. The local rosé with their rose-like colors, but also the red wines that are particularly suitable for aging.
Location: The vineyards are cultivated on an altitude of 250-800m to the SE of Corinth.
Climate: Mild winters with a lot of rainfall and hot during summer.
Grape variety: Agiorgitiko
Wines: Red, Dry
- Shore Excursion – Private tour
- Activity level: Moderate
- Professional driver with good knowledge in history and culture of Greece
- Transport by air-conditioned vehicle appropriate for the size of your group
- Accommodation is based according to availability (for multiple day tours only)
- Pick-up from and return to your hotel
- Free Pick-up & drop off from Piraeus cruise port
- First class transport: By Mercedes E-Class or similar; Mercedes minivan or Mercedes minibus accordingto the size of your party . All new models with full leather and A/C.
- Road tolls and local taxes
- Our terminal: Leof. Andrea Siggrou 37, 117 43 Athina, Greece.
- The private tour is 100% exclusive for your party
- Entrance fees to the archaeological sites and museum
- Wine tasting fee (wine tours)
- Athens Airport transfer: arranged on request with a surcharge
- Gratuities (optional)
- Food and beverage
- Your private chauffeur/guide will discuss a program best suited to your interest and mobile abilities. Option for a professional tour guide with a state license at an extra cost.
- Dress:religious and marmoreal sites: shoulders and knee must be covered
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- A voucherwill be emailed to you with our contact numbers and all necessary information for your tour.
- This is your ticket and proof of purchase. On the day of tour please present a paper voucher in order to redeem your tour/activity.
Persons with Disabilities
- Due to uneven surfaces, certain sites are not recommended for persons with walking disabilities or using a wheelchair. Such sites are the Acropolis,the Temple of Poseidon at Sounion, Mycenae, Delphi and Meteora
- In all cases, we recommend comfortable flat-solid walking shoes, sunglasses and sunscreen.
Opening hours & Admission fees
- Opening Hours: Summer April 1st to October 31st from 08:00 AM to 07:30 PM
- Winter:November 1st to March 31st from 08:30 AM to 03:00 PM
- Free admission fees:Children under 18 & Students from E.U.
- Reduced admission fees:Citizens of the E.U. aged over 65 & Students from countries outside the E.U.
Free admission days
- March 6: In memory of deceased Minister of Tourism & visionary Melina Mercouri
- June 5: Environment international day
- April 18 : International monuments day
- May 18: International museums day
- September 27: International tourism day
- The last weekend of September annually (European Heritage Days)
- National Holidays
- Sundays in the period between 1 November and 31 March
- The first Sunday of every month, except for July, August and September
- NOTE: If the first Sunday is a holiday then the second is the free admission day
Holidays in Greece
- January 1: closed
- January 6: 08:30 AM – 03:00 PM
- Shrove Monday: 08:30AM – 03:00 PM
- March 25: closed
- Good Friday: 12:00 PM – 03:00 PM
- Holy Saturday: 08:30 AM – 03:00 PM
- Easter Sunday: closed
- Easter Monday: 08:30 AM – 03:00 PM
- May 1: closed
- Holy Spirit Day: 08:30 AM – 03:00 PM
- 15 August 15: 08:30 AM – 03:00 PM
- October 28: 08:30 AM- 03:00 PM
- December 25 & 26: closed