A combination of history and beauty. A shore trip to Athens, and cape Sounion
Tour Greece to a secret jernay through ancient and christian times , joining our Greece tours in a full day private tour to the memorials of Athens, Corinth canal & Ancient Corinth
Drive & See
|The Acropolis, the Parthenon, the Propylaea, the Temple of Athena Nike, the Erechtheion with its Porch of Maidens, Plaka (free time for shopping & lunch), Ancient Agora, the Byzantine church of St. Apostoles, Thiseion, Temple of Vulcan,|
Kerameikos, the Parliament, Panathenian Stadium, the new Acropolis museum, Dionysus Theatre, Asclepieum Medical Center, Herod Atticus Odeon, Areopagous (St. Paul Acts XVII on Mars Hill), Roman Agora, Tower of the winds, the Fetiya
mosque, Andria’s library, National Picture Gallery, The glass Runner, Megaron Concert Hall, National Archaeological Museum, National Theatre, Omonia Square, Open Market, Athens City Museum, National Historical Museum (Old Parliament),
Syntagma Square, Downtown shopping center, Flea market, Fish market, Meat St. Nikodimos Russian Orthodox, St. Paul’s Anglican, House of Parliament (ex Royal Palace), Tomb of the Unknown Soldier (Evzones), Iliou Melathron Numismatic, Museum (H. Schliemann’s Home), St. Denis Roman Catholic Cathedral, Neoclassical Building of Central Bank of Greece, Academy of Arts & Letters, University, National Library, Presidential Residents (ex Royal Palace), Change of the Honor Guards, Zappio Congress, Temple of Olympic Zeus, National Park (ex Royal Garden), Hadrian’s Gate, Kolonaki the High end of Athens center, Lycabettus Hill, Vouliagmeni Lake, Cape Sounion
Visit | Stop & Walk
|The Acropolis, the Parthenon, the Propylaea, the Temple of Athena Nike, the Erechtheion with its Porch of Maidens, Ancient Agora, Panathenian Stadium, Dionysus Theatre, Herod Atticus Odeon, Areopagous (St. Paul Acts XVII on Mars Hill), Roman Agora, Presidential Residents (ex Royal Palace), Change of the Honor Guards, Temple of Olympic Zeus, Lycabettus Hill, Marathon, Marathon Museum, Thespians Tomp, Athenian Tomp, Vouliagmeni Lake, Cape Sounion, Temple of Posseidon|
The capital of Greece is a cosmopolitan metropolis, modern Athens is central to economic, financial, industrial, political and cultural life in Greece and it is rated as an alpha- world city. Classical Athens was one of the most powerful city-states in ancient world. A center for the arts, learning and philosophy, home of Plato’s Academy, Aristotle’s Lyceum, and wisest of man Socrates. It is widely referred to as the cradle of Western civilization and the birthplace of democracy, largely due to the impact of its cultural and political achievements during the 5th and 4th centuries BC on the rest of the then known European continent.
Live this Greece private tour, combining many of the city’s principal modern and classical sights.
Your Athens tour includes an overview of the modern city and striking contrasts to the remains of its glorious past. See the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier in front of the Parliament House on Constitution Square, the Panathenian Stadium (site of the first modern Olympic Games in 1896).
Visit the Presidential Palace (ex Royal Palace), government buildings, and elegant homes. Continuously your Athens private chauffeur will drive you along Panepistimiou Avenue and view the Catholic Cathedral, the “Neoclassical Trilogy,” (Academy, University, National Library) and Omonia Square.
Greece private tour will take you to the Temple of Olympian Zeus and the Adrian’s arch, the Acropolis with its many monuments , including the Parthenon, the Propylaea, the Temple of Athena Nike and the Erechtheion with its Porch of Maidens.Drive feet of Acropolis through Plaka (old Athens) and we’ll visit the ancient Greek agora,and the Roman.
Enjoy a Greece private sightseeing tour to Cape Sounion Driving with Athens Tours Greece along the coastal road past the wonderful beaches of GLYFADA, VOULIAGMENI, visit the Vouliagmeni lake, VARKIZA and countless coves, one of them has a splendid view of the Saronic Gulf. Cape SOUNION dominated by the spectacular 5th century B.C Temple of Poseidon overlooking the Aegean Sea, with one of the most breathtaking panoramic views in the world.
The world’s most famous Sunset at Cape Sounion
One of the best sunsets of the world In the afternoon Athens Tours Greece will drive you to the universally considered the world’s best place to watch the sunset, the Cape Sounion of Athens, Greece. Sounion offers spectacular views of the Sea, the sun dipping into the Aegean. And take it from visitors, it is the best place in the world to watch the sunset. Choose Lunch or Dinner on the water and return to Athens to end one of the most pictures Greece Tours
This Athens shore excursion has been designed especially for cruise passengers visiting Athens for a day or few hours enjoying a fabulous cruise tour in Greece.
- Shore Excursion – Private tour
- Activity level: Moderate
- Professional driver with good knowledge in history and culture of Greece
- Transport by air-conditioned vehicle appropriate for the size of your group
- Accommodation is based according to availability (for multiple day tours only)
- Pick-up from and return to your hotel
- Free Pick-up & drop off from Piraeus cruise port
- First class transport: By Mercedes E-Class or similar; Mercedes minivan or Mercedes minibus accordingto the size of your party . All new models with full leather and A/C.
- Road tolls and local taxes
- Our terminal: Leof. Andrea Siggrou 37, 117 43 Athina, Greece.
- The private tour is 100% exclusive for your party
- Entrance fees to the archaeological sites and museum
- Wine tasting fee (wine tours)
- Athens Airport transfer: arranged on request with a surcharge
- Gratuities (optional)
- Food and beverage
- Your private chauffeur/guide will discuss a program best suited to your interest and mobile abilities. Option for a professional tour guide with a state license at an extra cost.
- Dress:religious and marmoreal sites: shoulders and knee must be covered
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- A voucherwill be emailed to you with our contact numbers and all necessary information for your tour.
- This is your ticket and proof of purchase. On the day of tour please present a paper voucher in order to redeem your tour/activity.
Persons with Disabilities
- Due to uneven surfaces, certain sites are not recommended for persons with walking disabilities or using a wheelchair. Such sites are the Acropolis,the Temple of Poseidon at Sounion, Mycenae, Delphi and Meteora
- In all cases, we recommend comfortable flat-solid walking shoes, sunglasses and sunscreen.
Opening hours & Admission fees
- Opening Hours: Summer April 1st to October 31st from 08:00 AM to 07:30 PM
- Winter:November 1st to March 31st from 08:30 AM to 03:00 PM
- Free admission fees:Children under 18 & Students from E.U.
- Reduced admission fees:Citizens of the E.U. aged over 65 & Students from countries outside the E.U.
Free admission days
- March 6: In memory of deceased Minister of Tourism & visionary Melina Mercouri
- June 5: Environment international day
- April 18 : International monuments day
- May 18: International museums day
- September 27: International tourism day
- The last weekend of September annually (European Heritage Days)
- National Holidays
- Sundays in the period between 1 November and 31 March
- The first Sunday of every month, except for July, August and September
- NOTE: If the first Sunday is a holiday then the second is the free admission day
Holidays in Greece
- January 1: closed
- January 6: 08:30 AM – 03:00 PM
- Shrove Monday: 08:30AM – 03:00 PM
- March 25: closed
- Good Friday: 12:00 PM – 03:00 PM
- Holy Saturday: 08:30 AM – 03:00 PM
- Easter Sunday: closed
- Easter Monday: 08:30 AM – 03:00 PM
- May 1: closed
- Holy Spirit Day: 08:30 AM – 03:00 PM
- 15 August 15: 08:30 AM – 03:00 PM
- October 28: 08:30 AM- 03:00 PM
- December 25 & 26: closed