Discover Greece through Corinth, Mycenae, Nafplion, Epidaurus, Sparta, Caves of Diros, Gytheio, Messene, Andritsena, Olympia, Rio bridge, Nafpaktos, Delphi, Meteora, Meteora Monasteries, Tempi, Zagori, Papingo, Perama Cave, Ioannina, Gorge of Vikos, Igoumenitsa, Preveza, Nafpaktos, Athens
Day 1st: Athens, Corinth canal, ancient Corinth, Myceneae, Nafplion, Epidaurus
Splendid Greece Tours will drive you along the coastal road of the Saronic Gulf until we reach the Corinth Canal with its breathtaking views (short stop). Shortly thereafter we reach ancient Corinth (visit) where St. Paul lived and preached. Back in the ancient times Corinth was amongst the richest cities and this is quite evident by its remains, including the huge ancient agora (market place) and Apollo’s Temple (6th C.B.C) ,visit Isthmian at the site of the ancient port of Kechreai where St. Paul disembarked. We will visit MYCENAE, the remains of the ancient city, including the lionesses gate, the tomb of Agamemnon and the Palace. Then we’ll drive through ARGOS on to NAUPLION. After lunch Athens Tour Greece will drive you to EPIDAURUS and its ancient Epidaurus theatre, famous for its remarkable acoustics. Return to Nafplion dinner & overnight.
Day 2nd : Nafplion, Sparta, Diros Caves, Gytheion
Morning at leisure, we will drive with Greece tours to Sparta one of the most famous ancient kingdoms in ancient Greece. Diros. Experience the Caves of Diros in Vlyhada. See the featuring fossils, stalagmites, and stalactites dating 2million years back, a unique place that is considered one of the greatest caved lakes in the world. Free afternoon in Gytheio, dinner & overnight.
Day 3rd: Gythio, Messene, Andritsena
Splendid Greece Tours will take us to Messene, ancient city; it was founded by Epaminondas (c.369 BC) under Theban auspices to be a capital and fort for the Messenians, whom the battle of Leuctra had just freed from the Spartans. The ruins are well preserved, notably of the city walls dating from the 4th cent. BC. The modern city of Messíni is at some distance and is highly loped, where we’ll have dinner & overnight or Andritsena a near by town.
Day 4th: Andritsena, Olympia
Tour Greece, will drive you towards the city of Ancient Olympia, the birthplace of the Olympic Games. Although secluded near the west coast of the Peloponnese, Olympia became the most important religious and athletic centre in Greece. Olympia is a unique place, featuring lush greenery and a vast array of monuments and landmarks. The most important sanctuary of God Zeus is situated here, as well as Altis and the original stadiums of the Olympic Games Ancient Olympia has been the centre of attention during the ancient years, and still today is the starting point of the Olympic Flame that is born here, every four years prior to the new festival. The starting line in the original Olympic stadium is still visible, take your position, and run this historical course, competing with the athletes of the past, or simply the tourists that flock to this area. Your sightseeing tour includes also a visit to the Olympia Archaeological Museum and the Museum of the Olympic Games, where artifacts and collections related to both ancient and modern Games are housed. Dinner & overnight
Day 5th : Olympia, Patra, Rio, Antirio, Nafpaktos, Delphi
In the morning Greece tours will drive you from Peloponnese to the other side of Greece (West Greece) crossing the new bridge from Rio to Antirio. We’ll have a short stop in Nafpaktos and we’ll ahead on through a spectacular landscape to Delphi. We’ll overnight in Delphi or Arachova.
Day 6th: Delphi, Arachova, Meteora
Drive with Greece tours, to ancient DELPHI, the ancient sanctuary of Apollo. Visit the Delphi Museum where one can see among other archaeological treasures, the unique bronze Charioteer, then proceed through the sacred way to the Athenian treasury. Visit the Temple of Apollo. Lunch in Delphi or Arachova a picturesque mountain village, the jet set of the winter, built on the south slopes of Parnassus. Drive to Meteora through Karditsa and Trikala to reach Kalambaka late in the afternoon. Overnight.
Day 7th: Meteora, Zagorochoria, Papingo
Morning Splendid Greece Tours will drive you to the breathtaking METEORA and its monasteries built on the top of high rocks. The visit included the World Heritage Sites of UNESCO. Driving through central Greece we’ll stop in the valley of Tempi, witch was dedicated to God Apollo. It was a large fortified settlement used by both Romans and Byzantines. Today, you can see the ruins of the fortress and the temple of the gods. At our next stop will be gorgeous Zagorohoria located to northwest Greece, with its traditional Western Greek Architecture. The stone bridges and cobblestone paths, maintained in an excellent condition, are the trademark of this region. You will overnight at Papingo, be amazed by the relaxing and rejuvenating feeling as well as the beauty of the place. Overnight in Metsovo.
The monasteries of Meteora are:
- The Monastery of Great Meteoron. It is the biggest of the Meteorite monasteries.
- The Monastery of Varlaam is the second, after the Great Meteoro, big in size monastery.
- The Monastery of Rousanou. It is dedicated to ‘The Transfiguration’ but honoured to Saint Barbara.
- The Monastery of St. Nicholas Anapausas. It is the first to meet on our way from Kastraki to Meteora.
- The Monastery of St. Stephen. It is one of the most attainable as we don’t have to cope with innumerable stairs to reach it.
- The Monastery of Holy Trinity is very difficult to reach. The visitor has to cross the valley and continue high up through the rock before we arrive outside the entrance.
Day 8th: Metsovo, Papingo, Gorge of Vikos, Cave Perama, Ioannina
Next morning Greece tours will drive us to Gorge of Vikos, the deepest Gorge in Europe. Outdoor activity clubs, trekking groups visit the impressive area, traveling from all over the world to cross it. Our next stop is at the Cave of Perama, in Ioannina, the largest cave in Greece and one of the largest in Europe, covering a total area of 14,000 sq. meters. It is located 4km from Ioannina, in Perama, at the foot of Mt. Goritsa. Follow the main road of Ioannina to the north, the 20/E90. At the northern end of the city is a turnoff right towards Metsovo, Trikala, Larissa, 6/E92. Perama is the first village after about 2km.
1940 discovered by a resident of the village who was looking for a shelter to avoid bombardments during the Greek-Italian war.
1951-1955 the speleologists IOANNIS PETROCHEILOS and ANNA PETROCHEILOU explored the cave and discovered teeth and bones of ancient cave bears.
1956 opened to the public.
You inside the caves where you can see fossils and remains from the prehistoric Era and impressive murals dedicated to the Gods of the Underworld, Pluto and Persephone. Free evening in Ioannina. You will enjoy your dinner over the lake with its magnificent view to the island in the lake. Overnight in Ioannina.
Day 9th: Ioannina, Igoumenitsa, Parga, Prevesa, Lefkada Island
At morning leisure we’ll leave from unforgettable Ioannina and Greece tours will drive us through Igoumenitsa- Parga – Preveza while we have the opportunity to enjoy the beautiful Ionian Sea waters and some of the Ionian Islands. Visit & overnight at the wonderful Lefkada Island one of the most beautiful of the Ionian islands.
Day 10th: Lefkada Island, Corinth canal, Athens
In the morning, after breakfast we will continue our private tour crossing Rio Bridge and the Corinth Canal and we will return to Athens late in the afternoon.
You can customize your private tour at any time building it together with Splendid Greece Tours.
- Shore Excursion – Private tour
- Activity level: Moderate
- Professional driver with good knowledge in history and culture of Greece
- Transport by air-conditioned vehicle appropriate for the size of your group
- Accommodation is based according to availability (for multiple day tours only)
- Pick-up from and return to your hotel
- Free Pick-up & drop off from Piraeus cruise port
- First class transport: By Mercedes E-Class or similar; Mercedes minivan or Mercedes minibus accordingto the size of your party . All new models with full leather and A/C.
- Road tolls and local taxes
- Our terminal: Leof. Andrea Siggrou 37, 117 43 Athina, Greece.
- The private tour is 100% exclusive for your party
- Entrance fees to the archaeological sites and museum
- Wine tasting fee (wine tours)
- Athens Airport transfer: arranged on request with a surcharge
- Gratuities (optional)
- Food and beverage
- Your private chauffeur/guide will discuss a program best suited to your interest and mobile abilities. Option for a professional tour guide with a state license at an extra cost.
- Dress:religious and marmoreal sites: shoulders and knee must be covered
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- A voucherwill be emailed to you with our contact numbers and all necessary information for your tour.
- This is your ticket and proof of purchase. On the day of tour please present a paper voucher in order to redeem your tour/activity.
Persons with Disabilities
- Due to uneven surfaces, certain sites are not recommended for persons with walking disabilities or using a wheelchair. Such sites are the Acropolis,the Temple of Poseidon at Sounion, Mycenae, Delphi and Meteora
- In all cases, we recommend comfortable flat-solid walking shoes, sunglasses and sunscreen.
Opening hours & Admission fees
- Opening Hours: Summer April 1st to October 31st from 08:00 AM to 07:30 PM
- Winter:November 1st to March 31st from 08:30 AM to 03:00 PM
- Free admission fees:Children under 18 & Students from E.U.
- Reduced admission fees:Citizens of the E.U. aged over 65 & Students from countries outside the E.U.
Free admission days
- March 6: In memory of deceased Minister of Tourism & visionary Melina Mercouri
- June 5: Environment international day
- April 18 : International monuments day
- May 18: International museums day
- September 27: International tourism day
- The last weekend of September annually (European Heritage Days)
- National Holidays
- Sundays in the period between 1 November and 31 March
- The first Sunday of every month, except for July, August and September
- NOTE: If the first Sunday is a holiday then the second is the free admission day
Holidays in Greece
- January 1: closed
- January 6: 08:30 AM – 03:00 PM
- Shrove Monday: 08:30AM – 03:00 PM
- March 25: closed
- Good Friday: 12:00 PM – 03:00 PM
- Holy Saturday: 08:30 AM – 03:00 PM
- Easter Sunday: closed
- Easter Monday: 08:30 AM – 03:00 PM
- May 1: closed
- Holy Spirit Day: 08:30 AM – 03:00 PM
- 15 August 15: 08:30 AM – 03:00 PM
- October 28: 08:30 AM- 03:00 PM
- December 25 & 26: closed