Explore Greece in to a unique private tour from Athens to Corinth canal | ancient Corinth | Mycenae | Nafplion | Epidaurus | Olympia | Patras | Nafpaktos | Arachova | Delphi | Kalampaka | Meteora | Larisa | Mount Olympus | Dion | Tempi | Katerini | Pela | Vergina | Thessaloniki
Day 1: Athens, Corinth canal, ancient Corinth, Mycenae, Epidaurus, Nafplion, Olympia
Splendid Greece Tours private chauffeur will drive you along the coastal road of the Saronic Gulf until we reach the Corinth Canal with its breathtaking views (short stop). Shortly thereafter we reach the ancient Corinth city (visit) where St. Paul lived and preached for two years. In the ancient times Corinth was amongst the richest cities and this is quite evident by its remains, including the huge ancient agora (market place) and Apollo’s Temple (6th C.B.C) ,visit Isthmian at the site of the ancient port of Kechreai where St. Paul disembarked. We’ll visit EPIDAURUS and its ancient Epidaurus theater, famous for its remarkable acoustics. Splendid Greece Tours will drive you to the pretty town of Nafplion, the first capital of Modern Greece for lunch. After visit the castle of Nafplio and will then drive you to MYCENAE through ARGOS, we’ll visit the archaeological site, the remains of the ancient city, including the lionesses gate, the tomb of Agamemnon and the Palace. Continue our private tour driving to Olympia through Tripolis & megalopolis. Overnight in ancient Olympia.
Day 2: Olympia, Patras, Rio, Antirio, Nafpaktos, Arachova, Delphi
Start in the morning, and your Splendid Greece Tours private chauffeur will drive towards the city of Ancient Olympia, the birthplace of the Olympic Games. In 776 BC, Iphitos, king of Elis, Kleosthenes of Pisa and Lykourgos of Sparta reorganized the Olympic Games in honour of Zeus and instituted the sacred ekecheiria, or truce and, very fast the quadrennial festival acquired a national character. Its fame rests upon the Olympic Games, the greatest national festival and a highly prestigious one world-wide, which was held every four years to honour Zeus. Olympia has been the centre of attention during the ancient years, and still today is the starting point of the Olympic Flame that is born here, every four years prior to the new festival. Run to experience the starting line is still visible in the original Olympic stadium, take your position, and run this historical course, competing with the athletes of the past, or simply the tourists that flock to this area. The Olympia Archaeological Museum and the Museum of the Olympic Games, where artifacts and collections related to both ancient and modern Games is not to miss. Splendid Greece Tours will take us now from Olympia through Patras to Rion, we’ll cross the Corinthian bay to Antirion via the bright new bridge, the biggest in Europe. Drive to picturesque Nafpaktos and via the new road along the coast, to Delphi. Visit in the afternoon the picturesque mountain village of Arachova for dinner. Overnight in Delphi or Arachova.
Day 3: Delphi, Klamabaka, Meteora
In the morning our Splendid Greece Tours private tour continues visiting DELPHI, the ancient sanctuary of Apollo. We will visit the Museum in Delphi where one can see among other archaeological treasures, the unique bronze Charioteer, then proceed through the sacred way to the Athenian treasury. Visit the Temple of Apollo, and Splendid Greece Tours will depart for KALAMBAKA a small city by the feet of Meteora. You will be traveling through the towns of Central Greece (AMPHISSA, LAMIA and TRIKALA) crossing the Thessalian plain, the granary of GREECE, to reach KALAMBAKA late in the afternoon. Overnight by the feet of Meteora.
The 6 monasteries of Meteora are:
- The Monastery of Great Meteoron. It is the biggest of the Meteorite monasteries.
- The Monastery of Varlaam is the second, after the Great Meteoro, big in size monastery.
- The Monastery of Rousanou. It is dedicated to ‘The Transfiguration’ but honoured to Saint Barbara.
- The Monastery of St. Nicholas Anapausas. It is the first to meet on our way from Kastraki to Meteora.
- The Monastery of St. Stephen. It is one of the most attainable as we don’t have to cope with innumerable stairs to reach it.
- The Monastery of Holy Trinity is very difficult to reach. The visitor has to cross the valley and continue high up through the rock before we arrive outside the entrance.
Day 4: Meteora, Tempi valley, Katerini, Thessaloniki
This morning you will visit of the breathtaking METEORA and its monasteries built on the top of high rocks, standing between winds sky & earth. Visit now one from the biggest and most important group of monasteries in Greece after those in Mount Athos. The rock monasteries have been characterized by UNESCO as a unique phenomenon of cultural heritage and they form one of the most important stations of cultural map of Greece. The monasteries belong to a region of almost inaccessible sandstone peaks. On these ‘columns of the sky’ monks have settled from the 11th century onwards where twenty-four of these monasteries were built, despite incredible difficulties, at the time of the great revival of the eremetic ideal in the 15th century. After lunch Splendid Greece Tours will start the drive through the towns of Central Greece crossing the Thessalian plain, the granary of GREECE, Larisa, Tempbi mountains, Katerini to reach late in the afternoon Litochoron, the entrance to Mount Olympus. Free night and Overnight
Day 5 : Thessaloniki, Dion | Mount Olympus
After breakfast Splendid Greece Tours will drive us to the famous, sacred Macedonian town of DION and Litochoron, by the foot of Mount Olympus. Lunch in Katerini in a nice taverna by the sea. Continue our private tour to THESSALONIKI, the largest town in Northern Greece. Visit the museum of THESSALONIKI and sightseeing of the city with its modern unique night life. Overnight.
Day 6: Thessaloniki, Pella, Vergina, Veria
In the morning Splendid Greece Tours will drive us to PELLA, its Alexander the Great capital . Continue to VERGINA to visit the tomb of the King PHILIP and the famous ‘’Vergina Treasures’’. We’ll head on to LEFKADIA where you visit the excavations. Return to THESSALONIKI through VERIA. Overnight & free evening.
Day 7: Thessaloniki, Tempi valley, Larissa, Lamia, Thermopylae, Athens
After breakfast we’ll start the return drive to Athens through the TEMPI VALLEY, LARISSA, LAMIA, THERMOPYLAE famous for the ancient battle between the Leonides & his 300 Spartans, Xerxis & the Persians, that took place there , KAMENA VOURLA, and we’ll end our Splendid Greece Tours private tour in your ATHENS hotel.
Celebrate now the glory of ancient and new, in this gallery of images to the original fields of dreams ….
- Shore Excursion – Private tour
- Activity level: Moderate
- Professional driver with good knowledge in history and culture of Greece
- Transport by air-conditioned vehicle appropriate for the size of your group
- Accommodation is based according to availability (for multiple day tours only)
- Pick-up from and return to your hotel
- Free Pick-up & drop off from Piraeus cruise port
- First class transport: By Mercedes E-Class or similar; Mercedes minivan or Mercedes minibus accordingto the size of your party . All new models with full leather and A/C.
- Road tolls and local taxes
- Our terminal: Leof. Andrea Siggrou 37, 117 43 Athina, Greece.
- The private tour is 100% exclusive for your party
- Entrance fees to the archaeological sites and museum
- Wine tasting fee (wine tours)
- Athens Airport transfer: arranged on request with a surcharge
- Gratuities (optional)
- Food and beverage
- Your private chauffeur/guide will discuss a program best suited to your interest and mobile abilities. Option for a professional tour guide with a state license at an extra cost.
- Dress:religious and marmoreal sites: shoulders and knee must be covered
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- A voucherwill be emailed to you with our contact numbers and all necessary information for your tour.
- This is your ticket and proof of purchase. On the day of tour please present a paper voucher in order to redeem your tour/activity.
Persons with Disabilities
- Due to uneven surfaces, certain sites are not recommended for persons with walking disabilities or using a wheelchair. Such sites are the Acropolis,the Temple of Poseidon at Sounion, Mycenae, Delphi and Meteora
- In all cases, we recommend comfortable flat-solid walking shoes, sunglasses and sunscreen.
Opening hours & Admission fees
- Opening Hours: Summer April 1st to October 31st from 08:00 AM to 07:30 PM
- Winter:November 1st to March 31st from 08:30 AM to 03:00 PM
- Free admission fees:Children under 18 & Students from E.U.
- Reduced admission fees:Citizens of the E.U. aged over 65 & Students from countries outside the E.U.
Free admission days
- March 6: In memory of deceased Minister of Tourism & visionary Melina Mercouri
- June 5: Environment international day
- April 18 : International monuments day
- May 18: International museums day
- September 27: International tourism day
- The last weekend of September annually (European Heritage Days)
- National Holidays
- Sundays in the period between 1 November and 31 March
- The first Sunday of every month, except for July, August and September
- NOTE: If the first Sunday is a holiday then the second is the free admission day
Holidays in Greece
- January 1: closed
- January 6: 08:30 AM – 03:00 PM
- Shrove Monday: 08:30AM – 03:00 PM
- March 25: closed
- Good Friday: 12:00 PM – 03:00 PM
- Holy Saturday: 08:30 AM – 03:00 PM
- Easter Sunday: closed
- Easter Monday: 08:30 AM – 03:00 PM
- May 1: closed
- Holy Spirit Day: 08:30 AM – 03:00 PM
- 15 August 15: 08:30 AM – 03:00 PM
- October 28: 08:30 AM- 03:00 PM
- December 25 & 26: closed
Photo Gallery >>>