The most famous Sightseeing tour, and sore excursion in the world. Join our half-day Athens private tour and enjoy the monuments of Athens and the new Acropolis museum.
Athens is the capital and largest city of Greece, dominates the Attica periphery and it is one of the world’s oldest cities, as its recorded history spans around 3,400 years.
The capital of Greece is a cosmopolitan metropolis, modern Athens is central to economic, financial, industrial, political and cultural life in Greece and it is rated as an alpha- world city. Classical Athens was one of the most powerful city-states in ancient world. A centre for the arts, learning and philosophy, home of Plato’s Academy, Aristotle’s Lyceum, and wisest of man Socrates. It is widely referred to as the cradle of Western civilization and the birthplace of democracy, largely due to the impact of its cultural and political achievements during the 5th and 4th centuries BC on the rest of the then known European continent.
Drive & See
|The Acropolis | the Parthenon | the Propylaea | the Temple of Athena Nike| the Erechtheion with its Porch of Maidens | Plaka (free time for shopping & lunch) | Ancient Agora | the Byzantine church of St. Apostoles | Thiseion | Temple of Vulcan | Kerameikos | the Parliament | Panathenian Stadium | the new Acropolis museum | Dionysus Theatre | Asclepieum Medical Center | Herod Atticus Odeon| Areopagous (St. Paul Acts XVII on Mars Hill) | Roman Agora | Tower of the winds | the Fetiya Mosque | Andria’s library | National Picture Gallery | The glass Runner | Megaron Concert Hall | National Archaeological Museum| National Theatre | Omonia Square | Open Market | Athens City Museum | National|
Historical Museum (Old Parliament) | Syntagma Square | Downtown shopping center | Flea market | Fish market | Meat St. Nikodimos Russian Orthodox | St. Paul’s Anglican | House of Parliament (ex Royal Palace) | Tomb of the Unknown Soldier (Evzones) | Iliou Melathron Numismatic Museum (H. Schliemann’s Home) | St. Denis Roman Catholic Cathedral | Neoclassical Building of Central Bank of Greece | Academy of Arts & Letters | University | National Library
| Presidential Residents (ex Royal Palace) | Change of the Honor Guards | Zappio Congress | Temple of Olympic Zeus | National Park (ex Royal Garden) | Hadrian’s Gate | Kolonaki the High end of Athens center | Lycabettus Hill
Visit | Stop & Walk
|The Acropolis | the Parthenon | the Propylaea | the Temple of Athena Nike| the Erechtheion with its Porch of Maidens | Ancient Agora | Panathenian Stadium | Dionysus Theatre | Herod Atticus Odeon| areopagous (St. Paul Acts XVII on Mars Hill) | Roman Agora | Presidential Residents (ex Royal Palace) | Change of the Honor Guards |Temple of Olympic Zeus | Lycabettus Hill|
Your Splendid Greece Tours private chauffeur will pick you up form your hotel or cruise terminal and start your half day Athens Sightseeing combining many of the city’s principal modern and classical sights, experiencing the birthplace of Western Culture.
Greece Tours will begin with perhaps the most perfect piece of architecture known, the world-renowned the Acropolis with its many monuments atop its rocky base, including the awesome Parthenon, the Propylaea, the Temple of Athena Nike and the Erechtheion with its Porch of Maidens.
Your Athens private tour includes an overview of the modern city and striking contrasts to the remains of its glorious past. Your Athens tours private chauffeur will drive by the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier in front of the Parliament House on Constitution Square, the Panathenian Stadium (site of the first modern Olympic Games in 1896). We’ll see vistas of the Presidential Palace (ex Royal Palace), government buildings, and elegant homes. Your Athens private chauffeur will take you along Panepistimiou Avenue and view the Catholic Cathedral, the (Academy, University, National Library. In contrast, Splendid Greece Tours will drive now to the Temple of Olympian Zeus and the Adrian’s arch, the crowning beauty and glory that were Athens.
Drive by the feet of Acropolis through Plaka (old Athens) .Visit the Roman agora and the Greek ancient agora.
Enjoy the fantastic views from Lecabetus the highest hill in town, take spectacular panoramic photos and remember this Athens Sightseeing for as the best of your trip.
We will end this Athens Sightseeing driving you back to your cruise ship or hotel curing with you the best experience ever of Greece tours
This Athens shore excursion has been designed especially for cruise passengers visiting Athens for a day or few hours enjoying a fabulous cruise tour in Greece.
- Shore Excursion – Private tour
- Activity level: Moderate
- Professional driver with good knowledge in history and culture of Greece
- Transport by air-conditioned vehicle appropriate for the size of your group
- Accommodation is based according to availability (for multiple day tours only)
- Pick-up from and return to your hotel
- Free Pick-up & drop off from Piraeus cruise port
- First class transport: By Mercedes E-Class or similar; Mercedes minivan or Mercedes minibus accordingto the size of your party . All new models with full leather and A/C.
- Road tolls and local taxes
- Our terminal: Leof. Andrea Siggrou 37, 117 43 Athina, Greece.
- The private tour is 100% exclusive for your party
- Entrance fees to the archaeological sites and museum
- Wine tasting fee (wine tours)
- Athens Airport transfer: arranged on request with a surcharge
- Gratuities (optional)
- Food and beverage
- Your private chauffeur/guide will discuss a program best suited to your interest and mobile abilities. Option for a professional tour guide with a state license at an extra cost.
- Dress:religious and marmoreal sites: shoulders and knee must be covered
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- A voucherwill be emailed to you with our contact numbers and all necessary information for your tour.
- This is your ticket and proof of purchase. On the day of tour please present a paper voucher in order to redeem your tour/activity.
Persons with Disabilities
- Due to uneven surfaces, certain sites are not recommended for persons with walking disabilities or using a wheelchair. Such sites are the Acropolis,the Temple of Poseidon at Sounion, Mycenae, Delphi and Meteora
- In all cases, we recommend comfortable flat-solid walking shoes, sunglasses and sunscreen.
Opening hours & Admission fees
- Opening Hours: Summer April 1st to October 31st from 08:00 AM to 07:30 PM
- Winter:November 1st to March 31st from 08:30 AM to 03:00 PM
- Free admission fees:Children under 18 & Students from E.U.
- Reduced admission fees:Citizens of the E.U. aged over 65 & Students from countries outside the E.U.
Free admission days
- March 6: In memory of deceased Minister of Tourism & visionary Melina Mercouri
- June 5: Environment international day
- April 18 : International monuments day
- May 18: International museums day
- September 27: International tourism day
- The last weekend of September annually (European Heritage Days)
- National Holidays
- Sundays in the period between 1 November and 31 March
- The first Sunday of every month, except for July, August and September
- NOTE: If the first Sunday is a holiday then the second is the free admission day
Holidays in Greece
- January 1: closed
- January 6: 08:30 AM – 03:00 PM
- Shrove Monday: 08:30AM – 03:00 PM
- March 25: closed
- Good Friday: 12:00 PM – 03:00 PM
- Holy Saturday: 08:30 AM – 03:00 PM
- Easter Sunday: closed
- Easter Monday: 08:30 AM – 03:00 PM
- May 1: closed
- Holy Spirit Day: 08:30 AM – 03:00 PM
- 15 August 15: 08:30 AM – 03:00 PM
- October 28: 08:30 AM- 03:00 PM
- December 25 & 26: closed