Tour Athens to experience the birth place of the western civilization. Feel and live like the ancients that inspired them the creation of sincere, art, and culture.
Drive & See
The Acropolis | the Parthenon | the Propylaea | the Temple of Athena Nike| the Erechtheion with its Porch of Maidens | Plaka (free time for shopping & lunch) | Ancient Agora | the Byzantine church of St. Apostoles | Thiseion | Temple of Vulcan | Kerameikos | the Parliament | Panathenian Stadium | the new Acropolis museum | Dionysus Theatre | Asclepieum Medical Center | Herod Atticus Odeon| Areopagous (St. Paul Acts XVII on Mars Hill) | Roman Agora | Tower of the winds | the Fetiya Mosque | Andria’s library | National Picture Gallery | The glass Runner | Megaron Concert Hall | National Archaeological Museum| National Theatre | Omonia Square | Open Market | Athens City Museum | National Historical Museum (Old Parliament) | Syntagma Square | Downtown shopping center | Flea market | Fish market | Meat St. Nikodimos Russian Orthodox | St. Paul’s Anglican | House of Parliament (ex Royal Palace) | Tomb of the Unknown Soldier (Evzones) | Iliou Melathron Numismatic Museum (H. Schliemann’s Home) | St. Denis Roman Catholic Cathedral | Neoclassical Building of Central Bank of Greece | Academy of Arts & Letters | University | National Library | Presidential Residents (ex Royal Palace) | Change of the Honor Guards | Zappio Congress | Temple of Olympic Zeus | National Park (ex Royal Garden) | Hadrian’s Gate | Kolonaki the High end of Athens center | Lycabettus Hill
Visit | Stop & Walk
The Acropolis | the Parthenon | the Propylaea | the Temple of Athena Nike| the Erechtheion with its Porch of Maidens | Plaka (free time for shopping & lunch) | Ancient Agora | the Byzantine church of St. Apostoles | Thiseion | Temple of Vulcan | Kerameikos | the Parliament | Panathenian Stadium | the new Acropolis museum | Dionysus Theatre | Asclepieum Medical Center | Herod Atticus Odeon| Areopagous (St. Paul Acts XVII on Mars Hill) | Roman Agora | Tower of the winds | the Fetiya Mosque | Andria’s library | National Archaeological Museum| Syntagma Square | Fish market | Meat market | House of Parliament (ex Royal Palace) | Tomb of the Unknown Soldier (Evzones) | Academy of Arts & Letters | University | National Library | Presidential Residents (ex Royal Palace) | Change of the Honor Guards | Temple of Olympic Zeus | National Park (ex Royal Garden) | Hadrian’s Gate | Kolonaki the High end of Athens center | Lycabettus Hill
You private chauffeur will pick you up from your Athens hotel or cruise ship where your Athens private tour begins. Drive by the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier in front of the Parliament House on Constitution Square, the Panathenian Stadium (site of the first modern Olympic Games in 1896). Enjoy vistas of the Presidential Palace (ex Royal Palace), government buildings, and elegant homes. Your Athens private tour continues drive along Panepistimiou Avenue to view the Catholic Cathedral, the “Neoclassical Trilogy,” (Academy, University, National Library) and Omonia Square.
Your Greece tours private chauffeur take’s you now to Olympian Zeus Temple and Adrian’s arch, visit the most recognized monument on Earth, the Acropolis with its gorius pat and monuments atop its rocky base,the awesome Parthenon, the Propylaea, the Temple of Athena Nike and the Erechtheion with its Porch of Maidens. Next drive and walk by the feet of Acropolis through Plaka (the old part of Athens) and visit the Greek and Roman ancient agora . Lunch in a typical home cook Greek restaurant. Taste the food that Greeks cook at home. The trough Greek cuisine.
Greece tours will take you after lunch to some of the most important museums in the world, the new Acropolis museum, the National archaeological museum which both are two of the best museums in Athens, the museum of Cyclades art .
The spectaculars view of the highest hill in town, Lycabettus, is to amaze you with its panoramic view of Athens Piraeus port and the Saronic golf.
Ending your Athens tour, your private chauffeur will drop you of at the cruise terminal or your hotel in Athens.
- Shore Excursion – Private tour
- Activity level: Moderate
- Professional driver with good knowledge in history and culture of Greece
- Transport by air-conditioned vehicle appropriate for the size of your group
- Accommodation is based according to availability (for multiple day tours only)
- Pick-up from and return to your hotel
- Free Pick-up & drop off from Piraeus cruise port
- First class transport: By Mercedes E-Class or similar; Mercedes minivan or Mercedes minibus accordingto the size of your party . All new models with full leather and A/C.
- Road tolls and local taxes
- Our terminal: Leof. Andrea Siggrou 37, 117 43 Athina, Greece.
- The private tour is 100% exclusive for your party
- Entrance fees to the archaeological sites and museum
- Wine tasting fee (wine tours)
- Athens Airport transfer: arranged on request with a surcharge
- Gratuities (optional)
- Food and beverage
- Your private chauffeur/guide will discuss a program best suited to your interest and mobile abilities. Option for a professional tour guide with a state license at an extra cost.
- Dress:religious and marmoreal sites: shoulders and knee must be covered
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- A voucherwill be emailed to you with our contact numbers and all necessary information for your tour.
- This is your ticket and proof of purchase. On the day of tour please present a paper voucher in order to redeem your tour/activity.
Persons with Disabilities
- Due to uneven surfaces, certain sites are not recommended for persons with walking disabilities or using a wheelchair. Such sites are the Acropolis,the Temple of Poseidon at Sounion, Mycenae, Delphi and Meteora
- In all cases, we recommend comfortable flat-solid walking shoes, sunglasses and sunscreen.
Opening hours & Admission fees
- Opening Hours: Summer April 1st to October 31st from 08:00 AM to 07:30 PM
- Winter:November 1st to March 31st from 08:30 AM to 03:00 PM
- Free admission fees:Children under 18 & Students from E.U.
- Reduced admission fees:Citizens of the E.U. aged over 65 & Students from countries outside the E.U.
Free admission days
- March 6: In memory of deceased Minister of Tourism & visionary Melina Mercouri
- June 5: Environment international day
- April 18 : International monuments day
- May 18: International museums day
- September 27: International tourism day
- The last weekend of September annually (European Heritage Days)
- National Holidays
- Sundays in the period between 1 November and 31 March
- The first Sunday of every month, except for July, August and September
- NOTE: If the first Sunday is a holiday then the second is the free admission day
Holidays in Greece
- January 1: closed
- January 6: 08:30 AM – 03:00 PM
- Shrove Monday: 08:30AM – 03:00 PM
- March 25: closed
- Good Friday: 12:00 PM – 03:00 PM
- Holy Saturday: 08:30 AM – 03:00 PM
- Easter Sunday: closed
- Easter Monday: 08:30 AM – 03:00 PM
- May 1: closed
- Holy Spirit Day: 08:30 AM – 03:00 PM
- 15 August 15: 08:30 AM – 03:00 PM
- October 28: 08:30 AM- 03:00 PM
- December 25 & 26: closed