Tour Greece to ancient period of Delphi’s glory and the Byzantine period, experiencing both visits to Byzantine monastery of Saint Luke & Delphi. Both Delphi and the Byzantine monastery of Saint Luke has been made just for you & your family Enjoy Delphi with its Delphi museum and all Delphi treasures, the Byzantine monastery of Saint Luke with its most important monuments of Middle Byzantine architecture and art.
Highlights of Amazing 8h private tour to Delphi and Osseus Lucas Monastery
- Arachova the famous snow ski resort
- Delphi the navel of earth
- Apollo’ temple
- Museum of Delphi
- The famous temple of Athena pronea
- The prototype byzantine monastery
|Drive & See||Stop | Walking & Visit|
|Levadia | Arachova | Byzantine Monastery osseus Lucas | Delphi | Thives | Distomo||Byzantine Monastery osseus Lucas | Delphi | Distomo|
Delphi Greece is one of the most important archaeological sites of Greece, the most important in ancient world, and accordingly, it seems to appear in the itinerary of every traveler who is attracted to the oracle that influenced affairs in the known world for over a thousand years.
…is an historic walled monastery situated near the town of Distomo – Boeotia, Greece.
Start your Greece private tour from your cruise ship or your Athens hotel to a through the centures trip.
Greece tours private chauffeur will drive you through the fertile plain of Beotia, passing through Distomos, to St. Loucas monastery.
Visit the monastery is one of the most important monuments of Middle Byzantine architecture and art, and has been listed on UNESCO’s World Heritage Sites, along with the monasteries of Nea Moni and Daphnion, is situated at a scenic site on the slopes of Mount Helicon. Founded in the early 10th century by thehermit, Venerable (Greek: Hosios) St. Luke (Greek: Lukas), whose relics are kept in the monastery to this day. Church Theotokos, the oldest in the complex, is the only church known with certainty to have been built in mainland Greece in the tenth century.The Church Theotokos adjoins a larger cathedral church, or Katholikon, tentatively dated to 1011-12.
Thereafter arrive at Delphi, and visit the centre of Ancient World – the «Omphalos» (Navel of Earth) – whose prestige extended far beyond the boundaries of the Hellenic World. On the slopes of Mount Parnassus, in a landscape of unparalleled beauty and majesty, lie the ruins of the Sanctuary of Apollo Pythios.
Your private Greece tour continues visiting Delphi’s Treasury of the Athenians, the Temple of Apollo and the Delphi Museum containing such masterpieces of Ancient Greek sculpture as the bronze Charioteer and the famous athlete Aghias. Lunch in Delphi, and start travelling back to ATHENS following the same rout.
- Shore Excursion – Private tour
- Activity level: Moderate
- Professional driver with good knowledge in history and culture of Greece
- Transport by air-conditioned vehicle appropriate for the size of your group
- Accommodation is based according to availability (for multiple day tours only)
- Pick-up from and return to your hotel
- Free Pick-up & drop off from Piraeus cruise port
- First class transport: By Mercedes E-Class or similar; Mercedes minivan or Mercedes minibus accordingto the size of your party . All new models with full leather and A/C.
- Road tolls and local taxes
- Our terminal: Leof. Andrea Siggrou 37, 117 43 Athina, Greece.
- The private tour is 100% exclusive for your party
- Entrance fees to the archaeological sites and museum
- Wine tasting fee (wine tours)
- Athens Airport transfer: arranged on request with a surcharge
- Gratuities (optional)
- Food and beverage
- Your private chauffeur/guide will discuss a program best suited to your interest and mobile abilities. Option for a professional tour guide with a state license at an extra cost.
- Dress:religious and marmoreal sites: shoulders and knee must be covered
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- A voucherwill be emailed to you with our contact numbers and all necessary information for your tour.
- This is your ticket and proof of purchase. On the day of tour please present a paper voucher in order to redeem your tour/activity.
Persons with Disabilities
- Due to uneven surfaces, certain sites are not recommended for persons with walking disabilities or using a wheelchair. Such sites are the Acropolis,the Temple of Poseidon at Sounion, Mycenae, Delphi and Meteora
- In all cases, we recommend comfortable flat-solid walking shoes, sunglasses and sunscreen.
Opening hours & Admission fees
- Opening Hours: Summer April 1st to October 31st from 08:00 AM to 07:30 PM
- Winter:November 1st to March 31st from 08:30 AM to 03:00 PM
- Free admission fees:Children under 18 & Students from E.U.
- Reduced admission fees:Citizens of the E.U. aged over 65 & Students from countries outside the E.U.
Free admission days
- March 6: In memory of deceased Minister of Tourism & visionary Melina Mercouri
- June 5: Environment international day
- April 18 : International monuments day
- May 18: International museums day
- September 27: International tourism day
- The last weekend of September annually (European Heritage Days)
- National Holidays
- Sundays in the period between 1 November and 31 March
- The first Sunday of every month, except for July, August and September
- NOTE: If the first Sunday is a holiday then the second is the free admission day
Holidays in Greece
- January 1: closed
- January 6: 08:30 AM – 03:00 PM
- Shrove Monday: 08:30AM – 03:00 PM
- March 25: closed
- Good Friday: 12:00 PM – 03:00 PM
- Holy Saturday: 08:30 AM – 03:00 PM
- Easter Sunday: closed
- Easter Monday: 08:30 AM – 03:00 PM
- May 1: closed
- Holy Spirit Day: 08:30 AM – 03:00 PM
- 15 August 15: 08:30 AM – 03:00 PM
- October 28: 08:30 AM- 03:00 PM
- December 25 & 26: closed