Athens, home to a wonderful Jewish community. Your Splendid Greece Tours private chauffeur will take you to the New and Old Synagogue, the Holocaust monument and of course the Jewish Museum. Reach in history the Jewish appears first in Greece the 5th century BC. Since then, they have been participated in all historical periods as are part of the Greek history as they participate today in all fields of the everyday life.
Highlights of the Amazing 8-h Jewish private tour of Athens and its memorials
- The Athens Synagogue
- The old Synagogue
- The Holocaust memorial
- 8 hours private tours to the world famous memorials
- The Acropolis and Parthenon
- The ancient Olympic stadium (first modern Olympic games)
- The best Jewish museum in Europe
Splendid Greece Tours will drive you in the morning to visit the Old Synagogue, Etz Hayyim, built in 1904, smaller of the two synagogues and is no longer open for use. But right across the street you will find the larger New Synagogue, Beth Shalom, a Sephardic synagogue built in 1935 and renovated in the 70s, which is in use today. Admire the exterior of white marble with neoclassical elements, as well as the spacious interior.
The Greece Tour..
..will continuing our private Jewish tour in Athens visiting Plaka the old historical neighborhood of Athens, right by the foot of the Acropolis. The oldest street in Athens Adrianou is still in use, home to many tourist shops. Right on the edge of the Plaka you will find new Jewish Museum, one of the finest Jewish museums in Europe. Experience your private tour by a museum representative, viewing items that had been confiscated from Greek Jews during the war, Ancient Hebrew books, and other items commemorating the Holocaust.
Drive & see Syntagma Square, the tourist core of the city that is dominated by the old Royal Palace, now the Greek Parliament (where you can see the changing of the guards in front every hour on the hour!) and tom of the unknown soldier.
Of course, Splendid Greece Tours will take you to the Acropolis, the trademark of Athens. The ancient “high city” is topped with marble temples dedicated to the city’s goddess Athena, and dates back to the Late Bronze Age. Following your climb to the top, you will be rewarded with a visit to the architectural masterpieces of the Golden Age of Athens: the Propylaea, the Temple of Athena Nike, the Erechtheion, and finally, the Parthenon.
Please note that on this private tour, your Splendid Greece Tours private chauffeur is not licensed to accompany you on your climb to the top of the Acropolis or inside any sites.
This Splendid Greece Private Tour can run on Saturdays and Sundays, but please be aware of the following: on Saturdays the Jewish Museum is closed but the New Synagogue holds services for Sabbath. On Sundays the Museum is open but the New Synagogue is closed. The Old Synagogue is closed on both Saturdays and Sundays, but can still be viewed from the outside.
- Shore Excursion – Private tour
- Activity level: Moderate
- Professional driver with good knowledge in history and culture of Greece
- Transport by air-conditioned vehicle appropriate for the size of your group
- Accommodation is based according to availability (for multiple day tours only)
- Pick-up from and return to your hotel
- Free Pick-up & drop off from Piraeus cruise port
- First class transport: By Mercedes E-Class or similar; Mercedes minivan or Mercedes minibus accordingto the size of your party . All new models with full leather and A/C.
- Road tolls and local taxes
- Our terminal: Leof. Andrea Siggrou 37, 117 43 Athina, Greece.
- The private tour is 100% exclusive for your party
- Entrance fees to the archaeological sites and museum
- Wine tasting fee (wine tours)
- Athens Airport transfer: arranged on request with a surcharge
- Gratuities (optional)
- Food and beverage
- Your private chauffeur/guide will discuss a program best suited to your interest and mobile abilities. Option for a professional tour guide with a state license at an extra cost.
- Dress:religious and marmoreal sites: shoulders and knee must be covered
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- A voucherwill be emailed to you with our contact numbers and all necessary information for your tour.
- This is your ticket and proof of purchase. On the day of tour please present a paper voucher in order to redeem your tour/activity.
Persons with Disabilities
- Due to uneven surfaces, certain sites are not recommended for persons with walking disabilities or using a wheelchair. Such sites are the Acropolis,the Temple of Poseidon at Sounion, Mycenae, Delphi and Meteora
- In all cases, we recommend comfortable flat-solid walking shoes, sunglasses and sunscreen.
Opening hours & Admission fees
- Opening Hours: Summer April 1st to October 31st from 08:00 AM to 07:30 PM
- Winter:November 1st to March 31st from 08:30 AM to 03:00 PM
- Free admission fees:Children under 18 & Students from E.U.
- Reduced admission fees:Citizens of the E.U. aged over 65 & Students from countries outside the E.U.
Free admission days
- March 6: In memory of deceased Minister of Tourism & visionary Melina Mercouri
- June 5: Environment international day
- April 18 : International monuments day
- May 18: International museums day
- September 27: International tourism day
- The last weekend of September annually (European Heritage Days)
- National Holidays
- Sundays in the period between 1 November and 31 March
- The first Sunday of every month, except for July, August and September
- NOTE: If the first Sunday is a holiday then the second is the free admission day
Holidays in Greece
- January 1: closed
- January 6: 08:30 AM – 03:00 PM
- Shrove Monday: 08:30AM – 03:00 PM
- March 25: closed
- Good Friday: 12:00 PM – 03:00 PM
- Holy Saturday: 08:30 AM – 03:00 PM
- Easter Sunday: closed
- Easter Monday: 08:30 AM – 03:00 PM
- May 1: closed
- Holy Spirit Day: 08:30 AM – 03:00 PM
- 15 August 15: 08:30 AM – 03:00 PM
- October 28: 08:30 AM- 03:00 PM
- December 25 & 26: closed