Splendid Greece Tours following the footsteps of St. Paul in Athens and Corinth through your Travel in Greece. Follow this full day private tour to the memorials of Athens, the famous Corinth canal and Ancient Corinth.
Highlights of the Paul’s Steps; An Amazing 8-h private tour in Athens&Corinth
- Visit the most famous memorial of the western civilization
- An expert English-speaking tour driver
- Visit the Acropolis, the Parthenon
- Enjoy a walk in the picturesque neighborhood of ancient Corinth
- The breath taking view of Corinth canal
- Taste the famous Greek cuisine
Drive & See:
The Acropolis | the Parthenon | the Propylaea | the Temple of Athena Nike| the Erechtheion with its Porch of Maidens | Plaka (free time for shopping & lunch) | Ancient Agora | the Byzantine church of St. Apostoles | Thiseion | Temple of Vulcan | Kerameikos | the Parliament | Panathenian Stadium | the new Acropolis museum | Dionysus Theatre | Asclepieum Medical Center | Herod Atticus Odeon| Areopagous (St. Paul Acts XVII on Mars Hill) | Roman Agora | Tower of the winds | the Fetiya Mosque | Andria’s library | National Picture Gallery | The glass Runner | Megaron Concert Hall | National Archaeological Museum| National Theatre | Omonia Square | Open Market | Athens City Museum | National Historical Museum (Old Parliament) | Syntagma Square | Downtown shopping center | Flea market | Fish market | Meat St. Nikodimos Russian Orthodox | St. Paul’s Anglican | House of Parliament (ex Royal Palace) | Tomb of the Unknown Soldier (Evzones) |
Iliou Melathron Numismatic Museum (H. Schliemann’s Home) | St. Denis Roman Catholic Cathedral | Neoclassical Building of Central Bank of Greece | Academy of Arts & Letters | University | National Library | Presidential Residents (ex Royal Palace) | Change of the Honor Guards | Zappio Congress | Temple of Olympic Zeus | National Park (ex Royal Garden) | Hadrian’s Gate | Kolonaki the High end of Athens center | Lycabettus Hill
Walk & Visit cropolis
Acropolis & Parthenon, Propylaea, Temple of Athena Nike, Erechtheion with its Porch of Maidens, Ancient Agora, Panathenian Stadium, Dionysus Theatre, Herod Atticus Odeon, Areopagous (St. Paul Acts XVII on Mars Hill), ancient Greek Agora, Change of the Guards, Corinth canal, Ancient Corinth, the temple of Apollo, the Corinthean museum
Athens is the capital and largest city of Greece, dominates the Attica periphery and it is one of the world’s oldest cities, as its recorded history spans around 3,400 years.
The capital of Greece is a cosmopolitan metropolis, modern Athens is central to economic, financial, industrial, political and cultural life in Greece and it is rated as an alpha- world city. Classical Athens was one of the most powerful city-states in ancient world. A centre for the arts, learning and philosophy, home of Plato’s Academy, Aristotle’s Lyceum, and wisest of man Socrates. It is widely referred to as the cradle of Western civilisation and the birthplace of democracy, largely due to the impact of its cultural and political achievements during the 5th and 4th centuries BC on the rest of the then known European continent.
Experience an Splendid Greece Tours private tour…
…combining many of the city’s principal modern and classical sights and the port of Piraeus (Faliron) when St. Paul came from North Greece to visit Athens. Your Athens private tour includes an overview of the modern city and striking contrasts to the remains of its glorious past. our Splendid Greece Tours private chauffeur will drive by the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier in front of the Parliament House on Constitution Square, the Panathenian Stadium (site of the first modern Olympic Games in 1896).
See vistas of the Presidential Palace (ex Royal Palace)…
…government buildings, and elegant homes. Continuously our Athens private tour will drive you along Panepistimiou Avenue and view the Catholic Cathedral, the “Neoclassical Trilogy,” (Academy, University, National Library) and Omonia Square. In contrast, Splendid Greece Tours will take you to the Temple of Olympian Zeus and the Adrian’s arch, the crowning beauty and glory that were Athens, the Acropolis with its many monuments atop its rocky base, including the awesome Parthenon, the Propylaea, the Temple of Athena Nike, the Mars hill where St. Paul preached the Athenians and the Erechtheion with its Porch of Maidens. Drive by the feet of Acropolis through Plaka (old Athens) and we’ll visit the ancient agora where St. Paul was preaching and was meeting the most important people of Athens, the Roman agora & Adrian’s library.
After lunch, Splendid Greece Tours will drive you westwards along the scenic coast, until we reach the Corinth Canal with its breathtaking views. Shortly we will reach the ancient town of Corinth where St. Paul lived and preached for two years. In the ancient times Corinth was amongst the richest cities and this is quite evident by its remains, including the huge agora (market place) and Apollo’s Temple (6th C.B.C) brief stop at the site of the ancient port of Kechreai where St. Paul disembarked.
- Shore Excursion – Private tour
- Activity level: Moderate
- Professional driver with good knowledge in history and culture of Greece
- Transport by air-conditioned vehicle appropriate for the size of your group
- Accommodation is based according to availability (for multiple day tours only)
- Pick-up from and return to your hotel
- Free Pick-up & drop off from Piraeus cruise port
- First class transport: By Mercedes E-Class or similar; Mercedes minivan or Mercedes minibus accordingto the size of your party . All new models with full leather and A/C.
- Road tolls and local taxes
- Our terminal: Leof. Andrea Siggrou 37, 117 43 Athina, Greece.
- The private tour is 100% exclusive for your party
- Entrance fees to the archaeological sites and museum
- Wine tasting fee (wine tours)
- Athens Airport transfer: arranged on request with a surcharge
- Gratuities (optional)
- Food and beverage
- Your private chauffeur/guide will discuss a program best suited to your interest and mobile abilities. Option for a professional tour guide with a state license at an extra cost.
- Dress:religious and marmoreal sites: shoulders and knee must be covered
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- A voucherwill be emailed to you with our contact numbers and all necessary information for your tour.
- This is your ticket and proof of purchase. On the day of tour please present a paper voucher in order to redeem your tour/activity.
Persons with Disabilities
- Due to uneven surfaces, certain sites are not recommended for persons with walking disabilities or using a wheelchair. Such sites are the Acropolis,the Temple of Poseidon at Sounion, Mycenae, Delphi and Meteora
- In all cases, we recommend comfortable flat-solid walking shoes, sunglasses and sunscreen.
Opening hours & Admission fees
- Opening Hours: Summer April 1st to October 31st from 08:00 AM to 07:30 PM
- Winter:November 1st to March 31st from 08:30 AM to 03:00 PM
- Free admission fees:Children under 18 & Students from E.U.
- Reduced admission fees:Citizens of the E.U. aged over 65 & Students from countries outside the E.U.
Free admission days
- March 6: In memory of deceased Minister of Tourism & visionary Melina Mercouri
- June 5: Environment international day
- April 18 : International monuments day
- May 18: International museums day
- September 27: International tourism day
- The last weekend of September annually (European Heritage Days)
- National Holidays
- Sundays in the period between 1 November and 31 March
- The first Sunday of every month, except for July, August and September
- NOTE: If the first Sunday is a holiday then the second is the free admission day
Holidays in Greece
- January 1: closed
- January 6: 08:30 AM – 03:00 PM
- Shrove Monday: 08:30AM – 03:00 PM
- March 25: closed
- Good Friday: 12:00 PM – 03:00 PM
- Holy Saturday: 08:30 AM – 03:00 PM
- Easter Sunday: closed
- Easter Monday: 08:30 AM – 03:00 PM
- May 1: closed
- Holy Spirit Day: 08:30 AM – 03:00 PM
- 15 August 15: 08:30 AM – 03:00 PM
- October 28: 08:30 AM- 03:00 PM
- December 25 & 26: closed