Tour Greece through our Splendid Greece private tours, touring from Athens to Corinth | Mycenae | Nafplion | Epidaurus | Caves of Diros | Gytheio | Messene | Andritsena | Olympia | Rio bridge | Nafpaktos | Delphi | Meteora | Meteora Monasteries | Tempi | Dion | Katerini | Thessaloniki | Pella | Vergina | Zagorochoria | Papingo | Perama Cave | Ioannina |, Gorge of Vikos | Igoumenitsa | Preveza | Nafpaktos | Athens
Highlights of the 13 days Splendid private tour in Greece
- The famous Corinth canal
- The oracle of Delphi
- The impressive Meteora
- The traditional Zagorochoria
- Europa’s deepest gorge, Vickos
- Ioannina the capital of west Greece
- Experienced English-speaking tour driver
Day 1: Athens, Corinth, Epidaurus, Mycenae, Nafplion
Splendid Greece Tours private chauffeur will drive you along the coastal road of the Saronic Gulf until we reach the Corinth Canal with its breathtaking views (short stop). Shortly we reach ancient Corinth where St. Paul lived and preached. In the ancient times Corinth was amongst the richest cities and this is quite evident by its remains, including the huge ancient agora (market place) and Apollo’s Temple (6th C.B.C) ,visit Isthmian at the site of the ancient port of Kechreai where St. Paul disembarked.Visit MYCENAE, the remains of the ancient city, including the lionesses gate, the tomb of Agamemnon and the Palace. Then we’ll drive through ARGOS on to NAUPLION. Lunch and Splendid Greece Tours will drive you to EPIDAURUS and its ancient Epidaurus theater, famous for its remarkable acoustics. Return to Nafplion dinner & overnight.
Day 2 : Nafplion, Sparta, Diros cave, Gytheio
Morning at leisure, and drive with Splendid Greece Tours to Sparta & Diros. Experience Sparta & the Caves of Diros in Vlyhada. Admire the featuring fossils, stalagmites, and stalactites dating 2million years back, a unique place that is considered one of the greatest caved lakes in the world. Free afternoon in Gytheio, dinner & overnight.
Day 3: Gytheio, Messene, Andritsena
Splendid Greece Tours will take us to Messene, ancient city; it was founded by Epaminondas (c.369 BC) under Theban auspices to be a capital and fort for the Messenians, whom the battle of Leuctra had just freed from the Spartans. Here the ruins are well preserved, notably of the city walls dating from the 4th cent. BC. as well as the modern city of Messíni is at some distance and is highly loped, where we’ll have dinner & overnight or Andritsena a near by town.
Day 4: Andritsena, Olympia
Splendid Greece Tours drive you towards the city of Ancient Olympia, the birthplace of the Olympic Games. Although secluded near the west coast of the Peloponnese, Olympia became the most important religious and athletic center in Greece. Olympia is a unique place, featuring lush greenery and a vast array of monuments and landmarks. Most important sanctuary of God Zeus is situated here, as well as Altis and the original stadiums of the Olympic Games. It has been the center of attention during the ancient years, and still today is the starting point of the Olympic Flame that is born here, every four years prior to the new festival. The starting line in the original Olympic stadium is still visible, take your position, and run this historical course, competing with the athletes of the past, or simply the tourists that flock to this area. Your Splendid Greece Tours includes also a visit to the Olympia Archaeological Museum and the Museum of the Olympic Games, where artifacts and collections related to both ancient and modern Games are housed. Dinner & overnight
Day 5: olympia, Patras, Rio, Antirio, Nafpaktos, Arachova, Delphi
In the morning Splendid Greece Tours private chauffeur will drive you from Peloponnese to the other side of Greece (West Greece) crossing the new bridge from Rio to Antirio. Short stop in Nafpaktos and we’ll ahead on through a spectacular landscape to Delphi. Overnight in Delphi or Arachova.
Day 5: Delphi, Arachova
Drive with Splendid Greece Tours, to ancient DELPHI, the ancient sanctuary of Apollo. Visit the Museum, see among other archaeological treasures, the unique bronze Charioteer, then proceed through the sacred way to the Athenian treasuryand visit the Temple of Apollo. Overnight & dinner in Delphi or Arachova a picturesque mountain village, the jet set of the winter, built on the south slopes of Parnassus.
Day 6: Delphi, Meteora, Tempi valley, Katerini, Thessaloniki
Morning Splendid Greece Tours will drive you to the breathtaking METEORA and its monasteries built on the top of high rocks. In this private tour a visit is included to the World Heritage Sites of UNESCO. As we will be driving through central Greece we’ll stop in the valley of Tempi, witch was dedicated to God Apollo. It was a large fortified settlement used by both Romans and Byzantines. After lunch Splendid Greece Tours will start the drive through the towns of Central Greece crossing the Thessalian plain, the granary of GREECE, Larisa, Tempbi mountains, Katerini to reach late in the afternoon Thessaloniki the capital of north Greece. Overnight.
The 6 monasteries of Meteora are:
- The Monastery of Great Meteoron. It is the biggest of the Meteorite monasteries.
- The Monastery of Varlaam is the second, after the Great Meteoro, big in size monastery.
- The Monastery of Rousanou. It is dedicated to ‘The Transfiguration’ but honoured to Saint Barbara.
- The Monastery of St. Nicholas Anapausas. It is the first to meet on our way from Kastraki to Meteora.
- The Monastery of St. Stephen. It is one of the most attainable as we don’t have to cope with innumerable stairs to reach it.
- The Monastery of Holy Trinity is very difficult to reach. The visitor has to cross the valley and continue high up through the rock before we arrive outside the entrance.
Day 8: Dion, Thessaloniki, Mount Olympus
After breakfast Splendid Greece Tours will drive us to the famous, sacred Macedonian town of DION . Visit Litochoron the entrance to Mount Olympus. Lunch in Katerini in a nice taverna by the sea. Then continue our private tour to THESSALONIKI, the largest town in Northern Greece. Visit the most interesting museum of THESSALONIKI and sightseeing of the city with its modern unique night life. Overnight.
Day 9: Thessaloniki, Pella, Vergina, Veria
In the morning Splendid Greece Tours will drive us to PELLA, its Alexander the Great’s capital . Continue to VERGINA to visit the tomb of the King PHILIP and the famous ‘’Vergina Treasures’’. Head on to LEFKADIA where you visit the excavations. Return to THESSALONIKI through VERIA. Overnight & free evening.
Day 10: Thessaloniki, Zagorohoria, Papingo
See now the ruins of the fortress and the temple of the gods. At our next stop will be gorgeous Zagorohoria located to northwest Greece, with its traditional Western Greek Architecture. The stone bridges and cobblestone paths, maintained in an excellent condition, are the trademark of this region. Overnight at Papingo or Metsovo, be amazed by the relaxing and rejuvenating feeling as well as the beauty of the place.
Day 11: Papingo, Perama cave, Ioannina, Metsovo
Next morning Splendid Greece Tours will drive us to Gorge of Vikos, the deepest Gorge in Europe. Here find outdoor activity clubs, trekking groups visit the impressive area, travelling from all over the world to cross it. Next stopat the Cave of Perama, in Ioannina, the largest cave in Greece and one of the largest in Europe, covering a total area of 14,000 sq. meters. Located 4km from Ioannina, in Perama, at the foot of Mt. Goritsa. The villageof Perama is the first village after about 2km. In year 1940 discovered by a resident of the village who was looking for a shelter to avoid bombardments during the Greek-Italian war. 1951-1955 the speleologists IOANNIS PETROCHEILOS and ANNA PETROCHEILOU explored the cave and discovered teeth and bones of ancient cave bears. In 1956 opened to the public.
Splendid Greece Tours privet chauffeur will take you to the entrance to visit inside the caves where you can see fossils and remains from the prehistoric Era and impressive murals dedicated to the Gods of the underworld, Pluto and Persephone. Free evening in Ioannina. Enjoy your dinner over the lake with its magnificent view to the island in the lake. Overnight in Ioannina.
Day 12: Ioannina, Igoumenitsa, Parga, Preveza, Nafpaktos
At morning leisure we’ll leave from unforgettable Ioannina and Splendid Greece Tours will drive us through Igoumenitsa- Parga – Preveza while we have the opportunity to enjoy the beautiful Ionian Sea waters and some ofthe Ionian Islands. Visit & overnight at the wonderful town of Nafpaktos.
Day 13: Nafpaktos, Rio, Antirio, Corinth canal, Athens
After breakfast we will continue our private tour crossing Rio Bridge and the Corinth Canal and we will return to Athens in the afternoon.
- Shore Excursion – Private tour
- Activity level: Moderate
- Professional driver with good knowledge in history and culture of Greece
- Transport by air-conditioned vehicle appropriate for the size of your group
- Accommodation is based according to availability (for multiple day tours only)
- Pick-up from and return to your hotel
- Free Pick-up & drop off from Piraeus cruise port
- First class transport: By Mercedes E-Class or similar; Mercedes minivan or Mercedes minibus accordingto the size of your party . All new models with full leather and A/C.
- Road tolls and local taxes
- Our terminal: Leof. Andrea Siggrou 37, 117 43 Athina, Greece.
- The private tour is 100% exclusive for your party
- Entrance fees to the archaeological sites and museum
- Wine tasting fee (wine tours)
- Athens Airport transfer: arranged on request with a surcharge
- Gratuities (optional)
- Food and beverage
- Your private chauffeur/guide will discuss a program best suited to your interest and mobile abilities. Option for a professional tour guide with a state license at an extra cost.
- Dress:religious and marmoreal sites: shoulders and knee must be covered
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- A voucherwill be emailed to you with our contact numbers and all necessary information for your tour.
- This is your ticket and proof of purchase. On the day of tour please present a paper voucher in order to redeem your tour/activity.
Persons with Disabilities
- Due to uneven surfaces, certain sites are not recommended for persons with walking disabilities or using a wheelchair. Such sites are the Acropolis,the Temple of Poseidon at Sounion, Mycenae, Delphi and Meteora
- In all cases, we recommend comfortable flat-solid walking shoes, sunglasses and sunscreen.
Opening hours & Admission fees
- Opening Hours: Summer April 1st to October 31st from 08:00 AM to 07:30 PM
- Winter:November 1st to March 31st from 08:30 AM to 03:00 PM
- Free admission fees:Children under 18 & Students from E.U.
- Reduced admission fees:Citizens of the E.U. aged over 65 & Students from countries outside the E.U.
Free admission days
- March 6: In memory of deceased Minister of Tourism & visionary Melina Mercouri
- June 5: Environment international day
- April 18 : International monuments day
- May 18: International museums day
- September 27: International tourism day
- The last weekend of September annually (European Heritage Days)
- National Holidays
- Sundays in the period between 1 November and 31 March
- The first Sunday of every month, except for July, August and September
- NOTE: If the first Sunday is a holiday then the second is the free admission day
Holidays in Greece
- January 1: closed
- January 6: 08:30 AM – 03:00 PM
- Shrove Monday: 08:30AM – 03:00 PM
- March 25: closed
- Good Friday: 12:00 PM – 03:00 PM
- Holy Saturday: 08:30 AM – 03:00 PM
- Easter Sunday: closed
- Easter Monday: 08:30 AM – 03:00 PM
- May 1: closed
- Holy Spirit Day: 08:30 AM – 03:00 PM
- 15 August 15: 08:30 AM – 03:00 PM
- October 28: 08:30 AM- 03:00 PM
- December 25 & 26: closed