Travel Greece from Athens to a most picturesque Greece tour through Delphi tours | Meteora tours | Vergina tours | Pella tours | Mountain Olympus Tours | Dion tours | Thermopylae tours
Highlights of the 3 days Corinth, Mycenae, Nafplion, Epidaurus, Olympia, and Delphi tour
- Delphi: Even the wisest of man SOCRATES respected Delhi.
- Meteora: Original Byzantine monasteries built in 11th century standing between land, wind and sky.
- Dion: The fuayet to mountain Olympus.
- Mont Olympus: Home of the 12 Gods of Greece.
- Vergina: The palace of Alexander the great.
- Pela: The birth place of Alexander the great.
- Thermopylae: Apart of its glory, it is one of the most important battles in the ancient world, who influences and changed today’s culture.
Tour Greece, explore Greece, led your Splendid Greece Tours private chauffeur to travel you to one of our best Greece tours in the most celebrated places in the ancient world starting from Athens to Delphi, the Meteora high rocks, the byzantine monasteries on the top of Meteora rocks, Kalambaka by the feet of Meteora, Alexander the great home town, Olympus home of the ancient 12 Greek Gods and Thermopylae.
Learn the secrets of the past, to understand the secrets of today. Follow our Greece tours to the land made from Gods for people through a private tour just for you, your family and friends.
Day 1: Athens | Arachova | Delphi | Meteora
Your Splendid Greece Tours private chauffeur will pick you up from your cruise ship or your hotel, and we will start your Greece private tour traveling through the verdant plain of Viotia, through Thieves,which according to mythology was connected to King Oedipus, LEVADIA and ARACHOVA (famous for its bright multi colored hand-made carpets).
Visit DELPHI, the ancient sanctuary of Apollo. OurSplendid Greece Tours includes visits, the Oracle, the navel of Earth, visit the Temple of Apollo, the Delphi Museum where one can see among other archaeological treasures, the unique bronze Charioteer, then proceed through the sacred way to the Athenian treasury.
Your Splendid Greece Tours private chauffeur will take for lunch in Delphi or Arachova a picturesque mountain village, the jet set of the winter, built on the south slopes of Parnassus mountain, well known for its snow ski resort.
After our lunch we continue our Greece private tour departing for KALAMBAKA a town by the feet of Meteora. You will be traveling through the towns of Central Greece (AMPHISSA, LAMIA and TRIKALA) crossing the Thessalian plain, the granary of GREECE, to reach KALAMBAKA late in the afternoon. Overnight.
Day 2: Meteora | Grevena | Vergina
Breakfast and your Splendid Greece Tours private chauffeur will drive you to the breathtaking METEORA and its monasteries built on the top of high rocks standing between earth wind and sky.
Visit now one from the biggest and most important group of monasteries in Greece after those in Mount Athos. The rock monasteries have been characterized by UNESCO as a unique phenomenon of cultural heritage and they form one of the most important stations of cultural map of Greece. The monasteries belong to a region of almost inaccessible sandstone peaks. On these ‘columns of the sky’ monks have settled from the 11th century onwards where twenty-four of these monasteries were built, despite incredible difficulties, at the time of the great revival of the eremetic ideal in the 15th century.
Six are the most important monasteries of Meteora:
- The Holy Monastery of Great Meteoron. It is the biggest of the Meteorite monasteries.
- The Holy Monastery of Varlaam is the second, after the Great Meteoro, big in size monastery.
- The Holy Monastery of Rousanou. It is dedicated to ‘The Transfiguration’ but honored to Saint Barbara.
- The Holy Monastery of St. Nicholas Anapausas. It is the first to meet on our way from Kastraki to Meteora.
- The Holy Monastery of St. Stephen. It is one of the most attainable as we don’t have to cope with innumerable stairs to reach it.
- The Monastery of Holy Trinity is very difficult to reach. The visitor has to cross the valley and continue high up through the rock before we arrive outside the entrance.
After our visit in Meteora & lunch, Greece tours driver will travel through Pindos mountain line (world war two resistance head quarters) passing Grevena to reach Vergina famous for the graves of Phillip B’, father of Alexander the great. Overnight in Vergina.
Day 3 : Vergina | Pela | Mount Olympus | Litochoro
Here visit the graves and the summer Palace where Alexander the great was grown up. We will continue our Greece private tour traveling to Pella the birth place of Alexander the great, to visit the new museum. Lunch and travel to mount Olympus riviera to Litochorn by the foot of mountain Olympus (home of the 12 Greek Gods). Overnight by the feett of mountain Olympus in Letochoron.
Day 4: Mount Olympus | Litochoro | Dion | Pella | Thermopylae | Athens
Morning start our journey to Dion, the fuaye to mountain Olympus,and the temple of Zeus. Drive to Thermopylae through Tempi valley and Pilion, the mountain of Centaurus, where Lionidas and the 300 Spartan with their defense against 2 million Persian, inspired nations and countries . ‘Molon lave’ , come and get it, has heard for the first time in the world. Continuing your Greece private tour we will drive back to Athens from the same route.
Arrival in Athens ending our Greece tour late in the afternoon.
Here celebrate the glory of ancient and new, in this gallery of images of the original fields of dreams ….
- Shore Excursion – Private tour
- Activity level: Moderate
- Professional driver with good knowledge in history and culture of Greece
- Transport by air-conditioned vehicle appropriate for the size of your group
- Accommodation is based according to availability (for multiple day tours only)
- Pick-up from and return to your hotel
- Free Pick-up & drop off from Piraeus cruise port
- First class transport: By Mercedes E-Class or similar; Mercedes minivan or Mercedes minibus accordingto the size of your party . All new models with full leather and A/C.
- Road tolls and local taxes
- Our terminal: Leof. Andrea Siggrou 37, 117 43 Athina, Greece.
- The private tour is 100% exclusive for your party
- Entrance fees to the archaeological sites and museum
- Wine tasting fee (wine tours)
- Athens Airport transfer: arranged on request with a surcharge
- Gratuities (optional)
- Food and beverage
- Your private chauffeur/guide will discuss a program best suited to your interest and mobile abilities. Option for a professional tour guide with a state license at an extra cost.
- Dress:religious and marmoreal sites: shoulders and knee must be covered
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- A voucherwill be emailed to you with our contact numbers and all necessary information for your tour.
- This is your ticket and proof of purchase. On the day of tour please present a paper voucher in order to redeem your tour/activity.
Persons with Disabilities
- Due to uneven surfaces, certain sites are not recommended for persons with walking disabilities or using a wheelchair. Such sites are the Acropolis,the Temple of Poseidon at Sounion, Mycenae, Delphi and Meteora
- In all cases, we recommend comfortable flat-solid walking shoes, sunglasses and sunscreen.
Opening hours & Admission fees
- Opening Hours: Summer April 1st to October 31st from 08:00 AM to 07:30 PM
- Winter:November 1st to March 31st from 08:30 AM to 03:00 PM
- Free admission fees:Children under 18 & Students from E.U.
- Reduced admission fees:Citizens of the E.U. aged over 65 & Students from countries outside the E.U.
Free admission days
- March 6: In memory of deceased Minister of Tourism & visionary Melina Mercouri
- June 5: Environment international day
- April 18 : International monuments day
- May 18: International museums day
- September 27: International tourism day
- The last weekend of September annually (European Heritage Days)
- National Holidays
- Sundays in the period between 1 November and 31 March
- The first Sunday of every month, except for July, August and September
- NOTE: If the first Sunday is a holiday then the second is the free admission day
Holidays in Greece
- January 1: closed
- January 6: 08:30 AM – 03:00 PM
- Shrove Monday: 08:30AM – 03:00 PM
- March 25: closed
- Good Friday: 12:00 PM – 03:00 PM
- Holy Saturday: 08:30 AM – 03:00 PM
- Easter Sunday: closed
- Easter Monday: 08:30 AM – 03:00 PM
- May 1: closed
- Holy Spirit Day: 08:30 AM – 03:00 PM
- 15 August 15: 08:30 AM – 03:00 PM
- October 28: 08:30 AM- 03:00 PM
- December 25 & 26: closed
Photo Gallery >>>