Breathtaking views at the Aegean sea, the myth of king Aegean (king of Athens), the beautiful coast of Athens riviera, the cape Sounion and the famous temple of Poseidon with its breathtaking view!
Highlights of the the Dreamy Poseidon’s adventure to Cape Sounion in 4 hours
- Visit the famous memorial at cape Sounion
- An experience English-speaking tour driver
- Visit the temple of Poseidon
- Enjoy the picturesque coastline of Athens riviera
Drive & See: Paleo Faliro | Alimos | Glyfada | Voula| Vouliagmeni | Varkiza | Vouliagmeni Lake (Salt water) | Lagonisi | Anavisos | Sounion | Fokaia | Lavrio
Visit | Stop & Walk: Vouliagmeni Lake (Salt water) | Cape Sounion | Poseidon’ temple
Enjoy a Greece private sightseeing tour to Cape Sounion driving along the coastal road past the wonderful beaches of GLYFADA, VOULIAGMENI, visit the Vouliagmeni lake, VARKIZA and countless coves. One of them has a splendid view of the Saronic Gulf.
Cape SOUNION dominated by the spectacular 5th century B.C Temple of Poseidon overlooking the Aegean Sea, with one of the most breathtaking panoramic views in the world.
This Athens private tour has been designed especially for cruise passengers visiting Athens for a day or few hours enjoying a fabulous shore excursion in Greece.
- Shore Excursion – Private tour
- Activity level: Moderate
- Professional driver with good knowledge in history and culture of Greece
- Transport by air-conditioned vehicle appropriate for the size of your group
- Accommodation is based according to availability (for multiple day tours only)
- Pick-up from and return to your hotel
- Free Pick-up & drop off from Piraeus cruise port
- First class transport: By Mercedes E-Class or similar; Mercedes minivan or Mercedes minibus according to the size of your party . All new models with full leather and A/C.
- Road tolls and local taxes
- Our terminal: Leof. Andrea Siggrou 37, 117 43 Athina, Greece.
- The private tour is 100% exclusive for your party
- Entrance fees to the archaeological sites and museum
- Wine tasting fee (wine tours)
- Athens Airport transfer: arranged on request with a surcharge
- Gratuities (optional)
- Food and beverage
- Your private chauffeur/guide will discuss a program best suited to your interest and mobile abilities. Option for a professional tour guide with a state license at an extra cost.
- Dress:religious and marmoreal sites: shoulders and knee must be covered
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- A voucher will be emailed to you with our contact numbers and all necessary information for your tour.
- This is your ticket and proof of purchase. On the day of tour please present a paper voucher in order to redeem your tour/activity.
Persons with Disabilities
- Due to uneven surfaces, certain sites are not recommended for persons with walking disabilities or using a wheelchair. Such sites are the Acropolis,the Temple of Poseidon at Sounion, Mycenae, Delphi and Meteora
- In all cases, we recommend comfortable flat-solid walking shoes, sunglasses and sunscreen.
Opening hours & Admission fees
- Opening Hours: Summer April 1st to October 31st from 08:00 AM to 07:30 PM
- Winter:November 1st to March 31st from 08:30 AM to 03:00 PM
- Free admission fees:Children under 18 & Students from E.U.
- Reduced admission fees:Citizens of the E.U. aged over 65 & Students from countries outside the E.U.
Free admission days
- March 6: In memory of deceased Minister of Tourism & visionary Melina Mercouri
- June 5: Environment international day
- April 18 : International monuments day
- May 18: International museums day
- September 27: International tourism day
- The last weekend of September annually (European Heritage Days)
- National Holidays
- Sundays in the period between 1 November and 31 March
- The first Sunday of every month, except for July, August and September
- NOTE: If the first Sunday is a holiday then the second is the free admission day
Holidays in Greece
- January 1: closed
- January 6: 08:30 AM – 03:00 PM
- Shrove Monday: 08:30AM – 03:00 PM
- March 25: closed
- Good Friday: 12:00 PM – 03:00 PM
- Holy Saturday: 08:30 AM – 03:00 PM
- Easter Sunday: closed
- Easter Monday: 08:30 AM – 03:00 PM
- May 1: closed
- Holy Spirit Day: 08:30 AM – 03:00 PM
- 15 August 15: 08:30 AM – 03:00 PM
- October 28: 08:30 AM- 03:00 PM
- December 25 & 26: closed