Explore south Greece traveling to Peloponnese peninsula to enjoy one of the most picturesque tours of Greece!
Highlights of the Charming 8-hour private tour to Corinth Mycenae Nafplion
- Eight-hour private guided tour in Corinth, Mycenae and Nafplion
- English-speaking tour driver guide
- Visit the famous Corinth canal
- Visit the Mycenaean Acropolis
- Enjoy walk in the picturesque neighborhood of Nafplion
The Corinth Canal connects the Gulf of Corinth (Ionian See) with the Saronic Gulf in the Aegean Sea. It cuts through the narrow Isthmus of Corinth and separates the Peloponnesian peninsula from the Greek mainland, thus effectively making the former an island.Greek & French builders dug the canal through the Isthmus at sea level; no locks are employed. It is 6.3 Km (3.9 mi) in length, 8,5 mt deep, 24 meters (79 ft) wide, 52 meters highland, and built between 1881 and 1893. Finally it is the Shortest Route, and the Safest Waterway.hh
Ancient Corinth: Splendid Greece Tours will drive you westwards along the scenic coast, until we reach the Corinth Canal with its breathtaking views. Shortly we will reach the ancient town of Corinth where St. Paul lived and preached for two years. In the ancient times Corinth was amongst the richest cities and this is quite evident by its remains, including the huge agora (market place) and Apollo’s Temple (6th C.B.C) brief stop at the site of the ancient port of Kechreai where St. Paul disembarked.
is located in the North-East part of Peloponnese in Argolis, about 1,5 hours away from Athens, and it is an imposing site on top of a rocky hill. The citadel of Mycenae was the center of power in the Late Bronze age (1600-1100 BCE), and the excavated ruins that sculpt the top of the rocky hill protected the royal families inside the famous Cyclopean walls. Legend has it that Mycenae was founded by Perseus, and the entire culture of mainland Greece during the Bronze age was named Mycenaean during the late Hellenic period. The Mycenaean culture is the source of ancient epics and legends such as the dynasty of Atreids, the labors of Hercules, the Trojan war, the Thyestian Feast, and Agamemnon’s tragic life and death, and with its legends, art, and ideas, Mycenaean culture reached its zenith from 1300 BCE until 1100 BCE.
Nafplio is a seaport town in Peloponnese, that has expanded up the hillsides near the north end of the Argolic Gulf. The town of Nafplion was the first capital of modern Greece, from the start of the Greek Revolution in 1821 until 1834. Nafplio is now the capital of the peripheral unit of Argolis, a graphical resort town, the entry to Mycenae , and Epidaurus theater for cruise ship passengers.
Greece tours departures: Daily
|Drive & See||Stop | Walking & Visit|
Tour Greece to enjoy one of our most historical, interesting, and picturesque, Greece Tours in a full day private tour. Let your Splendid Greece Tours private chauffeur drive you to some of the most important sites of the world’s history.
Join our Corinth canal – Ancient Corinth – Nauplio – Mycenae private tour
Pick up from your hotel or cruise ship, and Splendid Greece Tours will drive you westwards along the scenic coast, until we reach the Corinth Canal with its breathtaking views. Shortly we will reach the ancient town of Corinth where St. Paul lived and preached for two years. In the ancient times Corinth was among the richest cities and this is quite evident by its remains, including the huge agora (market place) and Apollo’s Temple (6th C.B.C) brief stop at the site of the ancient port of Kechreai where St. Paul disembarked.
Next visit MYCENAE, the remains of the Mycenaean ancient city, including the lioness’s gate,the tomb of the Mycenaean king Agamemnon and the Palace.
Splendid Greece Tours chauffeur we’ll drive through ARGOS on to NAUPLIO. Wlk through the picturesque neighborhood of the first capital of Greece! Time for lunch.
After lunch we will drive you back to Athens using the same way.
- Shore Excursion – Private tour
- Activity level: Moderate
- Professional driver with good knowledge in history and culture of Greece
- Transport by air-conditioned vehicle appropriate for the size of your group
- Accommodation is based according to availability (for multiple day tours only)
- Pick-up from and return to your hotel
- Free Pick-up & drop off from Piraeus cruise port
- First class transport: By Mercedes E-Class or similar; Mercedes minivan or Mercedes minibus according to the size of your party . All new models with full leather and A/C.
- Road tolls and local taxes
- Our terminal: Leof. Andrea Siggrou 37, 117 43 Athina, Greece.
- The private tour is 100% exclusive for your party
- Entrance fees to the archaeological sites and museum
- Wine tasting fee (wine tours)
- Athens Airport transfer: arranged on request with a surcharge
- Gratuities (optional)
- Food and beverage
- Your private chauffeur/guide will discuss a program best suited to your interest and mobile abilities. Option for a professional tour guide with a state license at an extra cost.
- Dress:religious and marmoreal sites: shoulders and knee must be covered
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- A voucher will be emailed to you with our contact numbers and all necessary information for your tour.
- This is your ticket and proof of purchase. On the day of tour please present a paper voucher in order to redeem your tour/activity.
Persons with Disabilities
- Due to uneven surfaces, certain sites are not recommended for persons with walking disabilities or using a wheelchair. Such sites are the Acropolis,the Temple of Poseidon at Sounion, Mycenae, Delphi and Meteora
- In all cases, we recommend comfortable flat-solid walking shoes, sunglasses and sunscreen.
Opening hours & Admission fees
- Opening Hours: Summer April 1st to October 31st from 08:00 AM to 07:30 PM
- Winter:November 1st to March 31st from 08:30 AM to 03:00 PM
- Free admission fees:Children under 18 & Students from E.U.
- Reduced admission fees:Citizens of the E.U. aged over 65 & Students from countries outside the E.U.
Free admission days
- March 6: In memory of deceased Minister of Tourism & visionary Melina Mercouri
- June 5: Environment international day
- April 18 : International monuments day
- May 18: International museums day
- September 27: International tourism day
- The last weekend of September annually (European Heritage Days)
- National Holidays
- Sundays in the period between 1 November and 31 March
- The first Sunday of every month, except for July, August and September
- NOTE: If the first Sunday is a holiday then the second is the free admission day
Holidays in Greece
- January 1: closed
- January 6: 08:30 AM – 03:00 PM
- Shrove Monday: 08:30AM – 03:00 PM
- March 25: closed
- Good Friday: 12:00 PM – 03:00 PM
- Holy Saturday: 08:30 AM – 03:00 PM
- Easter Sunday: closed
- Easter Monday: 08:30 AM – 03:00 PM
- May 1: closed
- Holy Spirit Day: 08:30 AM – 03:00 PM
- 15 August 15: 08:30 AM – 03:00 PM
- October 28: 08:30 AM- 03:00 PM
- December 25 & 26: closed