Delphi | Olympia. The most celebrated areas in the ancient wold.
Athens to Delphi (Delfi) through central Greece . Tour Greece to meet the ancient history. Delphi was the most celebrated place in ancient world, Here the democratic lows of Athens where approved. The uncompromising philosophers respected Delphi. Even the wised of men Socrates respecter Delphi. Learn the future secrets discovering the secrets of the past here in Delphi.
Ancient Olympia: The birthplace of the Olympic games, The Original Field of Dreams
Highlights of the two days Delphi and Olympia private tour in Greece
- Delphi and the temple of Apollo
- Temple of Athens pronea in Delphi
- The impressive longest bridge of Europe Rio Antirio
- The birthplace of the Olympic games, ancient Olympia
- The temple of Olympic Zeus in Olympia
- Museum of the Olympic games
- Experienced English-speaking tour driver
|Drive & See||Stop | Walking & Visit|
|Levadia | Arachova | Delphi | Thives | Distomo | Corinth canal | Diakofto | Patras | Pirgos | Ancient Olympia | galaxidi | Itea||Corinth canal | Ancient Olympia | Delphi | Distomo|
Day1: Athens, | Corinth Canal | Olympia
Your Greece tours private chauffeur will start your private tour driving along the coastal road of Saronic Golf . Admire the views of the island and feel the great battle between the Athenians and The Persian.
Our first stop is at the Corinth canal. capture in your camera the breathtaking view of the narrow pass .
We will continue your Greece tour through many nice towns of Peloponnese till we reach ancient Olympia. Visit the archaeological site, the museum, and take place to run because the starting line of the first Olympic game is still there.
Ancient Olympia: The originall Olympic games, held in the summer of 776 B.C. at the sanctuary of Zeus in Olympia, are widely believed to be the firstpreciselydated events in the annals of ancient Greece. It is a tradition as old as history: Athletes from distant lands gather to test their mettle before throngs of cheering fans.
Every four years for more than a millennium approx 3 centure AD, rival and often warring city states put aside their differences and invoked a sacred truce. The kingtoms (city states) sent their fastest, their strongest, their most skillful men to compete for personal bragging rights and homeland pride. The greatest Olympic athletes were known throughout Greece, their likenesses re-created in sculpture and on pottery for the ages.
The Olympics disappeared for more than 1,500 years due to tyranie in Greece, and were reborn in 1896 in Athens, Greece. Since then, repeitenly every 4 years they’ve traveled to cities around the world and drawn an increasingly global field of competitors, as well as an increasingly global audience. The year 2004, came home once again to Greece, as the Summer Olympics return to Athens. Overnight.
Day 2: Pirgos | Patras | Rio Andirio Bridge | Nafpaktos | Galaxidi | Itea | Delphi | Arachova
Breakfast and your Greece Tours private chauffeur will drive you to a senic drive to delphi.
Tour description: Delphi Greece is one of the most important archaeological sites of Greece, the most important in ancient world, and accordingly, it seems to appear in the itinerary of every traveler who is attracted to the oracle that influenced affairs in the known world for over a thousand years.
Start your Greece private tour from your cruise ship or your Athens hotel to a through the centures trip.
Greece tours private chauffeur will drive you through the fertile plain of Beotia, passing through THERMOPYLAE (hot gates) about 220 km from Athens, the place that the battle of the 300Spartans and LEONIDES took place.
Visit the modern memorial to King Leonidas on one side of the highway that shows the Spartan King on the top of a memorial wall with the words “Molon Lavei” written under the statue. The phrase means, “Come and get it”, this is the phrase that Leonidas said to the Persian king Xerxes when he told Leonidas to hand over his weapons. The phrase has become a slogan of defiance all over the world. Shortly After the battle the ancient memorial was placed just across the highway from the modern memorial. It is a small carved stone plaque that says, “Stranger, tell the Spartans that we lay here obedient to their laws”. This ancient memorial is on the small hill across the national road from the modern one, and KAMENA VOURLA.
Arrive at Delphi, the centre of Ancient World – the «Omphalos» (Navel of Earth) – whose prestige extended far beyond the boundaries of the Hellenic World. On the slopes of Mount Parnassus, in a landscape of unparalleled beauty and majesty, lie the ruins of the Sanctuary of Apollo Pythios.
Our private Greece tour continues visiting Delphi’s Treasury of the Athenians, the Temple of Apollo and the Delphi Museum containing such masterpieces of Ancient Greek sculpture as the bronze Charioteer and the famous athlete Aghias. Lunch in Delphi, and start travelling back to ATHENS following the high way to Athens.
Celebrate now the glory of Delphi , and the Olympics, ancient and new, in this gallery of images of the original fields of dreams ….
- Shore Excursion – Private tour
- Activity level: Moderate
- Professional driver with good knowledge in history and culture of Greece
- Transport by air-conditioned vehicle appropriate for the size of your group
- Accommodation is based according to availability (for multiple day tours only)
- Pick-up from and return to your hotel
- Free Pick-up & drop off from Piraeus cruise port
- First class transport: By Mercedes E-Class or similar; Mercedes minivan or Mercedes minibus accordingto the size of your party . All new models with full leather and A/C.
- Road tolls and local taxes
- Our terminal: Leof. Andrea Siggrou 37, 117 43 Athina, Greece.
- The private tour is 100% exclusive for your party
- Entrance fees to the archaeological sites and museum
- Wine tasting fee (wine tours)
- Athens Airport transfer: arranged on request with a surcharge
- Gratuities (optional)
- Food and beverage
- Your private chauffeur/guide will discuss a program best suited to your interest and mobile abilities. Option for a professional tour guide with a state license at an extra cost.
- Dress:religious and marmoreal sites: shoulders and knee must be covered
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- A voucherwill be emailed to you with our contact numbers and all necessary information for your tour.
- This is your ticket and proof of purchase. On the day of tour please present a paper voucher in order to redeem your tour/activity.
Persons with Disabilities
- Due to uneven surfaces, certain sites are not recommended for persons with walking disabilities or using a wheelchair. Such sites are the Acropolis,the Temple of Poseidon at Sounion, Mycenae, Delphi and Meteora
- In all cases, we recommend comfortable flat-solid walking shoes, sunglasses and sunscreen.
Opening hours & Admission fees
- Opening Hours: Summer April 1st to October 31st from 08:00 AM to 07:30 PM
- Winter:November 1st to March 31st from 08:30 AM to 03:00 PM
- Free admission fees:Children under 18 & Students from E.U.
- Reduced admission fees:Citizens of the E.U. aged over 65 & Students from countries outside the E.U.
Free admission days
- March 6: In memory of deceased Minister of Tourism & visionary Melina Mercouri
- June 5: Environment international day
- April 18 : International monuments day
- May 18: International museums day
- September 27: International tourism day
- The last weekend of September annually (European Heritage Days)
- National Holidays
- Sundays in the period between 1 November and 31 March
- The first Sunday of every month, except for July, August and September
- NOTE: If the first Sunday is a holiday then the second is the free admission day
Holidays in Greece
- January 1: closed
- January 6: 08:30 AM – 03:00 PM
- Shrove Monday: 08:30AM – 03:00 PM
- March 25: closed
- Good Friday: 12:00 PM – 03:00 PM
- Holy Saturday: 08:30 AM – 03:00 PM
- Easter Sunday: closed
- Easter Monday: 08:30 AM – 03:00 PM
- May 1: closed
- Holy Spirit Day: 08:30 AM – 03:00 PM
- 15 August 15: 08:30 AM – 03:00 PM
- October 28: 08:30 AM- 03:00 PM
- December 25 & 26: closed
Photo Gallery >>>