The world’s most famous Sunset at Cape Sounion! Visit the Sunrise or/and Sunset at cape Sounion and experience magical moments at this spot, which captures the key elements of Greece; An ancient acropolis, the mountains, and the ocean! And be sure; You will have a romantic winning night!..enjoy!
Highlights of the Exciting Athens sunset at Cape Sounion 4-hour private tour
- Four-hour guided tour in Athens cape Sounion by luxurious vehicle
- An expert English-speaking tour driver
- Visit the famous Poseidon’ temple with its spectacular view of the Aegean sea
- Enjoy the ride along the countless coves
- Enjoy the scenic coast to Cape
Drive & See: Paleo Faliro | Alimos | Glyfada | Voula| Vouliagmeni | Varkiza | Vouliagmeni Lake (Saltwater) | Lagonisi | Anavisos | Sounion | Fokaia | Lavrio
Visit | Stop & Walk: Vouliagmeni Lake (Saltwater) | Cape Sounion | Poseidon’ temple
Description of the Athens sunset at Cape Sounion
One of the best sunsets in the world! In the afternoon your Greece tour private chauffeur will drive you to the universally considered the world’s best place to watch the sunset, the Cape Sounion of Athens, Greece. Travel along the coastal scenic road of Athens riviera with its countless coves!
Cape Sounion offers spectacular views of the Sea, while the sun dipping into the Aegean. Visit the spectacular Poseidon temple with its remains perched on a hill, surrounded on three sides by the Aegean sea. The legend of king Aegeas is there and evokes images of the Athenian glorious past! Also, the ruins bear the deeply engraved name of the romantic English poet Lord Byron, who’s connected to the recent glorious Greek history!
And take it from visitors; It is the best place in the world to watch the sunset.
Return to Athens to end one of the most picturesque tours in Greece!
- Shore Excursion – Private tour
- Activity level: Moderate
- A professional driver with good knowledge of the history and culture of Greece
- Transport by air-conditioned vehicle appropriate for the size of your group
- Accommodation is based on availability (for multiple-day tours only)
- Pick-up from and return to your hotel
- Free Pick-up & drop off from Piraeus cruise port
- First-class transport: By Mercedes E-Class or similar; Mercedes minivan or Mercedes minibus according to the size of your party. All new models with full leather and A/C.
- Road tolls and local taxes
- Our terminal: Leof. Andrea Siggrou 37, 117 43 Athina, Greece.
- The private tour is 100% exclusive for your party
- Entrance fees to the archaeological sites and museum
- Wine tasting fee (wine tours)
- Athens Airport transfer: arranged on request with a surcharge
- Gratuities (optional)
- Food and beverage
- Your private chauffeur/guide will discuss a program best suited to your interest and mobile abilities. Option for a professional tour guide with a state license at an extra cost.
- Dress: religious and marmoreal sites: shoulders and knee must be covered
- Confirmation will be received at the time of booking
- A voucher will be emailed to you with our contact numbers and all necessary information for your tour.
- This is your ticket and proof of purchase. On the day of the tour please present a paper voucher in order to redeem your tour/activity.
Persons with Disabilities
- Due to uneven surfaces, certain sites are not recommended for persons with walking disabilities or using a wheelchair. Such sites are the Acropolis,the Temple of Poseidon at Sounion, Mycenae, Delphi, and Meteora
- In all cases, we recommend comfortable flat-soled walking shoes, sunglasses, and sunscreen.
Opening hours & Admission fees
- Opening Hours: Summer April 1st to October 31st from 08:00 AM to 07:30 PM
- Winter: November 1st to March 31st from 08:30 AM to 03:00 PM
- Free admission fees: Children under 18 & Students from E.U.
- Reduced admission fees: Citizens of the E.U. aged over 65 & Students from countries outside the E.U.
Free admission days
- March 6: In memory of deceased Minister of Tourism & visionary Melina Mercouri
- June 5: Environment international day
- April 18: International monuments day
- May 18: International museums day
- September 27: International tourism day
- The last weekend of September annually (European Heritage Days)
- National Holidays
- Sundays in the period between 1 November and 31 March
- The first Sunday of every month, except for July, August and September
- NOTE: If the first Sunday is a holiday then the second is the free admission day
Holidays in Greece
- January 1: closed
- January 6: 08:30 AM – 03:00 PM
- Shrove Monday: 08:30AM – 03:00 PM
- March 25: closed
- Good Friday: 12:00 PM – 03:00 PM
- Holy Saturday: 08:30 AM – 03:00 PM
- Easter Sunday: closed
- Easter Monday: 08:30 AM – 03:00 PM
- May 1: closed
- Holy Spirit Day: 08:30 AM – 03:00 PM
- 15 August 15: 08:30 AM – 03:00 PM
- October 28: 08:30 AM- 03:00 PM
- December 25 & 26: closed